5.5 wishlist

I have got a config of over 400 installs (5 pages on 1280 x 1024), but it takes over 30 secconds for it to load (2.8gig pc)

I would like to be able to compile a pre generated screen sized hta or html or exe or combination of all for my list once your generation process has complete... This should speed the sucker up!!!

I know this probablly goes agains all current features of WPIw BUT I have decided your program would make a great autorun dvd install disk for alllllll the software I've collected over the years. . . . And having spent the last 3 days straight getting the config.js to include name, exe name, and Unique ID cheeted (all called APP00?)with the ? being a counter (helps keep track of which ones I've done). I noticed if I run the wpi.hta it takes about 32 secconds to load and if I press select all or select default it also takes 15 to 20 seconds to happen!!

Your program (or scripts) are the easiest way of doing this sort of stuff and I'd like to see if you can expand it's functions (in your spare time of course, CAUSE WE ALL HAVE THAT)!!

ALSO

Like I said above. . . if you do make this feature you'll need a way to create config.js easier. . . like. . .

How about adding a import folder option to generate the name, uniqueID, exe name and perhaps even ask for a default catagory. . . . I would think that if this feature comes about that you force users to only add usable folders (above the WPI path) so that you only need the extended path and not the whole C:\blah\blah\blah\WPI\FolderIWant\App1.exe should only be Added as 'FolderIWant\App1.exe'.

Take a shot, free you minds and get coding!!! lol

Good Luck for the future!!

Nightwolf81 :)

It would be great if you could sort the navigation menu on the config page (category, install order, name). It would be even better if you could then sort it again (sort by category then by install order etc.).

I think this may have been mentioned before but thought I would raise it again anyway.

Great tool by the way. :thumbup

Thanks to all the developers.

Cheers.

Alot of people in the forum have experienced the issue I seem to have, which is install order.

I'm sure this wouldn't be easy but it would be great if you could set the install order by lowest to highest number order with unnumbered selections run before the highest number.

I have a selection that needs to run last and currently to get this to work I have to number every selection.

This becomes a real pain if I then need to add another app, I then have to renumber every selection. :realmad:

My suggestion is to run it like this

1......WinZip (Install Order #1)

2......Notepad (Install Order #2)

........Acrobat Reader (Unspecified Install Order)

........WinRAR (Unspecified Install Order)

50....Rename Computer (Highest number in install order and therefore runs last)

I hope that makes sense.

I had a crack at a DriveExists() function. I managed to find it on the msdn site. Works OK for me, correct me if I'm wrong though.

Add to your main.js file

function DriveExists(drv)

{

var fso;

fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");

if (fso.DriveExists(drv))

return true

else

return false;

}

Edited by tcarman

At first I want to remaind that I write abot it in earlier wishlist... and nobody was listen to me ;|

1. in WPI -> Config tab there could be a two arrows on top and bottom, which will manage IDs order, and visually apps in this tab.

For theme crators:

2. segmented WPI.htm to easiest change oldest themes in new WPI versions, like in php 'include' function:

Header.js

InstallButton.js

(...)

ExitButton.js

Footer.js

etc.

os smth similiar to this...

3. variabes.js (or smth sim) in theme dir, there could be all vars like themedir, themename, imagenames etc.

4. cataloged images for themes, like: themes/themename/images_bg, themes/themename/images_icons, themes/themename/images_installer etc.

5. in your themes Classic etc. you could have to choose colour of theme, like:

black, white, pink ;P, red... so someone who have no other themes could choose although Classic (black)

btw. if someone not understan me, i can write another enlarged post. Sory for my bad english....

Alot of people in the forum have experienced the issue I seem to have, which is install order.

I'm sure this wouldn't be easy but it would be great if you could set the install order by lowest to highest number order with unnumbered selections run before the highest number.

I have a selection that needs to run last and currently to get this to work I have to number every selection.

This becomes a real pain if I then need to add another app, I then have to renumber every selection. :realmad:

My suggestion is to run it like this

1......WinZip (Install Order #1)

2......Notepad (Install Order #2)

........Acrobat Reader (Unspecified Install Order)

........WinRAR (Unspecified Install Order)

50....Rename Computer (Highest number in install order and therefore runs last)

I hope that makes sense.

Well to get around that expand out the numbers

100......WinZip

200......Notepad

999....Rename Computer

Then as you add applications just add one like

100......WinZip

150......Winamp

200......Notepad

999....Rename Computer

hope that helps

Edited by acomputerwiz

Many things I would wish for...Let's start from the easiest:

1. Finish the Grayed Condition Checkbox by allowing only the normal installer to start (parsing off the switch) if the application satisfies the gcond. Sample attached for the installer.js.

2. Add Reboot Flag. Sometimes the user doesn't always want a hard reboot, only when an app requires it.

3. Built-in functionality for various executables, i.e. Sleep, ProcessWaitClose, ProcessClose, ProcessWait, WinClose, etc. Possibly create an AutoIT script that takes in line variables and called from command within WPI. Very similar to current Sleep.exe or TaskillS.exe (implemented earlier on in kTool and WPI 4.4).

4. HotKeys for certain functions, Options, Config, Certain configurations.

5. Config Tab – allow applications to be sorted on Category and with the Install Order so one could change these numbers by filtering in a smaller, more logical format. Mentioned before, various times on the wish list. Gives a huge advantage when working with install order...sorting based on category.

6. Change in wpi.hta for try catch block to write registry for non-admin use. Also need to redirect log file so program doesn’t display “Can’t create log file” during installation on each event. Takes the place of my current IsAdmin. I currently deploy many data updates (about 20 updates) via sfx that doesn't require admin access.

7. Display Global Variables (just like in log file) by clicking a button, possibly in the About box.

installer.js

Use Install Folder outside of WPI Path

Folder Structure:

%root%

Applications <--------my apps live in here

bin <--------where wpi files reside

Drivers

Updates

Autorun.inf

Run.exe <--------autoit script that mounts a drive if launched from a relative path and launches wpi.hta inside of the bin.

Added %root% for wpipath parent folder so I can run apps outside of wpi folder. The code should be inserted at line 19 in the core.js folder just under the %wpipath% with all the other variable definitions.

root = fso.GetParentFolderName(wpipath);

And then this line in core.js into "function ReplacePath" at line 367

rs = rs.replace(/%root%/gi, root);

Useage: use the %root% variable in your config.js file to point at the parent folder of wpi.hta

prog[pn]=['Adobe Reader 7.0.8'];
ordr[pn]=[100];
desc[pn]=['Adobe® Reader® — free software for viewing and printing Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files.'];
uid[pn]=['ADOBE708'];
dflt[pn]=['yes'];
cat[pn]=['Commercial Applications'];
forc[pn]=['no'];
configs[pn]=['default'];
cond[pn]=['FileExists("%root%\\Applications\\Commercial\\Adobe Reader 7.0.8\\reader708.exe")'];
gcond[pn]=['RegKeyValue("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A70800000002}\\DisplayName")=="Adobe Reader 7.0.8"'];
cmd1[pn]=['"%root%\\Applications\\Commercial\\Adobe Reader 7.0.8\\reader708.exe"'];
pn++;

G'day all

It's been a very long time since I put a quest on this board , I've been using the WPI for sometime now with great success , however that been said , there is one issue I like too see resolved , when reading the WPI.log after installation of programs I find that sometimes in the log cmd1 Success (returned code 0) is great , but the others like cmd1 Success (returned code 3010) cmd1 Success (returned code 1680) mean nothing too me other than it failed and have found this from time to time . Question are you or do you have knowledge of where can one can retreive info on the failed Sucuss it would help considerable in solving the issue of the errors.

Cheers Ozzie

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// Reference ... prog[0] won't be used. It's just an example.

// Look in program.js to see explanation of these properties.

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// pn=0; // start value for prog numbering

// prog[pn]=['ProgramName'];

// ordr[pn]=[0];

// desc[pn]=['Description'];

// uid[pn]=['APP1'];

// dflt[pn]=['no'];

// cat[pn]=['Application Category'];

// forc[pn]=['false'];

// configs[pn]=['List of configs to be auto checked. Comma seperated'];

// deps[pn]=[];

// excl[pn]=[];

// cond[pn]=['Javascript Conditional Statement'];

// gcond[pn]=['Javascript Conditional Statement to gray item'];

// regb[pn]=['Registry Key Path'];

// cmd1[pn]=['CommandLine 1'];

// cmd2[pn]=['CommandLine 2'];

// cmd3[pn]=['CommandLine 3'];

// cmd4[pn]=['CommandLine 4'];

// cmd5[pn]=['CommandLine 5'];

// cmd6[pn]=['CommandLine 6'];

// rega[pn]=['Registry Key Path'];

// picf[pn]=['Picture File'];

// picw[pn]=['Width'];

// pich[pn]=['Height'];

// textl[pn]=['Text Location'];

// pn++;

// Your programs here ...

pn=1;

prog[pn]=['Adaptec ASPI drivers 1.47'];

ordr[pn]=[62];

desc[pn]=['The Adaptec ASPI Layer helps out with CD-Burning and is needed for some programs.'];

uid[pn]=['ADAPTECASPIDRIVERS'];

dflt[pn]=['no'];

cat[pn]=['Windows Components'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

configs[pn]=['Home,Business,Windows Components'];

gcond[pn]=['FileExists(\'%programfiles%\')'];

cmd1[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\adaptec_aspi_xp\\reg_xp.exe copy "adaptec_aspi_xp\\ASPIXP.SYS" "%WINDIR%\\SYSTEM32\\DRIVERS\\ASPI32.SYS" /Y'];

rega[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\adaptec_aspi_xp\\inst.reg'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['DirectX 9.0c Control Panel'];

ordr[pn]=[66];

desc[pn]=['Adds various DirectX settings to the control panel.'];

uid[pn]=['DIRECTX90CCONTROLPANEL'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

configs[pn]=['Home,Windows Components'];

cmd1[pn]=['CMD /C COPY "\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\dxcpl\\directx.cpl" "%systemroot%\\system32\\directx.cpl"/Y'];

rega[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\dxcpl\\dxcpl.reg'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['Dotnet FX 1.0 Plus Updates'];

ordr[pn]=[50];

desc[pn]=['.NET is the Microsoft Web services strategy to connect information, people, systems, and devices through software. The primary focus of Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP 1 is improved security.'];

uid[pn]=['DOTNETFX10PLUSUPDATES'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['%CDROM%\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\Framework\\dotnetfx11.exe /q:A /c:"install /q"'];

cmd2[pn]=['%CDROM%\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\Framework\\NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe /Q'];

cmd3[pn]=['%CDROM%\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\Framework\\kb886903.msp /qn /norestart'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['Dotnet FX 2.0 Plus Updates'];

ordr[pn]=[51];

desc[pn]=['The .NET Framework version 2.0 improves scalability and performance of applications with improved caching, application deployment and updating with ClickOnce, support for the broadest array of browsers and devices with ASP.NET 2.0 controls and services.'];

uid[pn]=['DOTNETFX20PLUSUPDATES'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\Framework\\dotnetfx20.exe /q:A /c:"install /q"'];

cmd2[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\Framework\\NDP20-KB917283-X86.exe /quiet /norestart /nobackup'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['Flash Player 9 for Internet Explorer'];

ordr[pn]=[70];

desc[pn]=['This will allow you to view Flash content on the web.'];

uid[pn]=['FLASHPLAYER9FORINTERNETEX'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\flashplayer_IE\\install_flash_player_active_x.msi /qb /norestart'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['Flash Player 9 for Mozilla Family and Opera'];

ordr[pn]=[69];

desc[pn]=['This will allow you to view Flash content on the web.'];

uid[pn]=['MACROMEDIAADOBEFLASHPLAYE'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\flashplayer_notIE\\install_flash_player_plugin.msi /qb /norestart'];

rega[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\flashplayer_notIE\\inst.reg'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['Google Toolbar 3.0.131.0'];

ordr[pn]=[71];

desc[pn]=['Take the power of Google with you anywhere on the web.'];

uid[pn]=['GOOGLETOOLBAR301310'];

dflt[pn]=['no'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\googlebar\\GoogleToolbarInstaller.exe /s /qn'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['Internet Explorer Spellcheck Tool v2.2.0'];

ordr[pn]=[73];

desc[pn]=['This will install an Internet Explorer Spellcheck Tool (works with MYIE, MSN, AOL, IE, and more).'];

uid[pn]=['INTERNETEXPLORERSPELLCHEC'];

dflt[pn]=['no'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\ie_spell\\ieSpellSetup220647.exe /S'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['Microsoft Color Control Panel Applet'];

ordr[pn]=[64];

desc[pn]=['The Microsoft Color Control Panel Applet adds a new \'Color\' item to the Windows control panel, providing a single place to view and edit color management settings in Windows XP.'];

uid[pn]=['MICROSOFTCOLORCONTROLPANE'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\colorcontrolpanel\\MCCPA.msi /qb'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['Microsoft Journal Viewer 1.5'];

ordr[pn]=[58];

desc[pn]=['Allows you to view files created in Journal on a Tablet PC'];

uid[pn]=['MICROSOFTJOURNALVIEWER15'];

dflt[pn]=['no'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\journalviewer\\setup.exe /Q:A /R:N /c:msiexec /i "Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer.msi" /qn /norestart'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['Microsoft Management Console 3.0'];

ordr[pn]=[53];

desc[pn]=['Microsoft Management Console 3.0 (MMC 3.0) is a framework that unifies and simplifies day-to-day system management tasks on Windows by providing common navigation, menus, toolbars, and workflow across diverse tools.'];

uid[pn]=['MICROSOFTMANAGEMENTCONSOL'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\KB907265-ENU.exe /q /n /o /z'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['Network Diagnostic Tool'];

ordr[pn]=[55];

desc[pn]=['Network Diagnostics for Windows XP is available to help identify and fix network connection problems.'];

uid[pn]=['NETWORKDIAGNOSTICTOOL'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['%CDROM%\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\Network_Diagnostic_Tool\\KB914440-v10-ENU.exe /quiet /norestart /nobackup /overwriteoem'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['Remove Microsoft Virtual Machine'];

ordr[pn]=[65];

desc[pn]=['This will completely remove Microsoft\'s Java from your system. Not the Sun Java'];

uid[pn]=['REMOVEMICROSOFTVIRTUALMAC'];

dflt[pn]=['no'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\delmsjava\\unmsjvm.exe /q'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['Shockwave Player 10.1.3.018'];

ordr[pn]=[72];

uid[pn]=['MACROMEDIAADOBESHOCKWAVEP'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\shockwave\\Shockwave.msi /qb /norestart'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['Startup Control Panel 2.8'];

ordr[pn]=[74];

desc[pn]=['This will allow you to view and alter which applications are set to start on boot.'];

uid[pn]=['STARTUPCONTROLPANEL28'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['CMD /C XCOPY \\WPI\\Install\\Components\\startupcpl\\Startup.cpl %systemroot%\\System32 /Y'];

cmd2[pn]=['CMD /C COPY \\WPI\\Install\\Components\\startupcpl\\StartupCPL.exe %systemroot%\\System32\\ /Y'];

cmd3[pn]=['CMD /C COPY \\WPI\\Install\\Components\\startupcpl\\StartupCPL.lnk %allusersprofile%\\Start Menu /Y'];

rega[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\startupcpl\\startupcpl.reg'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['Sun Java 1.5.0_08'];

ordr[pn]=[61];

desc[pn]=['Allows you to view java content on the web. (This is the basic JRE version)'];

uid[pn]=['SUNJAVA150_08'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\javaupdate8.msi /qb /norestart'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['TweakUI Control Panel shortcut'];

ordr[pn]=[68];

desc[pn]=['This PowerToy gives you access to system settings that are not exposed in the Windows XP default user interface, including mouse settings, Explorer settings, taskbar settings, and more.'];

uid[pn]=['TWEAKUICONTROLPANELSHORTC'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['CMD /C COPY "\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\tweakui210\\TweakUI.exe" "%systemroot%\\system32\\TweakUI.exe"/Y'];

cmd2[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\tweakui210\\AddTweakUItoCp.vbs'];

rega[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\tweakui210\\inst.reg'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['User Profile Hive Cleanup Service 1.6'];

ordr[pn]=[60];

desc[pn]=['To accomplish this the service monitors for logged off users that still have hives loaded. When that happens the service determines which applications have handles opened to the hives and releases them.'];

uid[pn]=['USERPROFILEHIVECLEANUPSER'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\UPHClean.msi /quiet /norestart'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['User State Migration Tool (v2.6.1)'];

ordr[pn]=[75];

desc[pn]=['Migrates user files and settings during large deployments of Windows 2000 or Microsoft Windows XP. USMT captures desktop, network and application settings as well as a user files, and then migrates them to a new Windows installation. Important--> Destination system: Windows 2000 or Microsoft Windows XP Professional'];

uid[pn]=['MICROSOFTWINDOWSUSERSTATE'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\USMTool\\usmt.msi /qn'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['Windows Installer 3.1 (v2)'];

ordr[pn]=[56];

desc[pn]=['Microsoft Windows Installer is an application installation and configuration service.'];

uid[pn]=['WINDOWSINSTALLER31V2'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\update\\update.exe /quiet /norestart /overwriteoem /nobackup'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['Windows Media Part 2 Updates'];

ordr[pn]=[82];

uid[pn]=['WINDOWSMEDIAPART2UPDATES'];

dflt[pn]=['no'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\wmp10\\Updates\\kb917821-intl.exe /quiet /norestart /overwriteoem /nobackup'];

cmd2[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\wmp10\\Updates\\kb919071-enu.exe /quiet /norestart /overwriteoem /nobackup'];

cmd3[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\wmp10\\Updates\\kb921134-intl.exe /quiet /norestart /overwriteoem /nobackup'];

cmd4[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\wmp10\\Updates\\kb922042-intl.exe /quiet /norestart /overwriteoem /nobackup'];

cmd5[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\wmp10\\Updates\\kb922814-intl.exe /quiet /norestart /overwriteoem /nobackup'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['Windows Messenger (5.1.0701)'];

ordr[pn]=[76];

uid[pn]=['WINDOWSMESSENGER510701'];

dflt[pn]=['no'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\winmsgr\\messenger-enu.msi /qb'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['Windows Messenger Live (v8.0.0812.00)'];

ordr[pn]=[77];

desc[pn]=['Windows Live Messenger is the next-generation MSN Messenger. Windows Live Messenger is used to communicate with friends and family over the web.'];

uid[pn]=['WINDOWSLIVEMESSENGERV8008'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\WinLiveMsngr\\MsnMsgs.msi /qb'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['Windows Script 5.6'];

ordr[pn]=[54];

uid[pn]=['WINDOWSSCRIPT56'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\scripten.exe /Q:A /R:N'];

cmd2[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\KB917344-ENU.exe /quiet /norestart /overwriteoem /nobackup'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['Windows Update v6'];

ordr[pn]=[59];

desc[pn]=['Installs the files required to use Windows Update v6'];

uid[pn]=['WINDOWSUPDATEV6'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\WindowsUpdateAgent20-x86.exe /wuforce /quiet /norestart'];

pn++;

prog[pn]=['Windows Uptime Tool'];

ordr[pn]=[78];

uid[pn]=['WINDOWSUPTIMETOOL'];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

cmd1[pn]=['CMD /C XCOPY \\WPI\\Install\\Components\\WinUptime\\WindowsUptime.exe %systemroot%'];

cmd2[pn]=['CMD /C XCOPY \\WPI\\Install\\Components\\WinUptime\\Windows Uptime Tool.lnk %allusersprofile%\\Start Menu\\Programs'];

rega[pn]=['\\WPI\\Install\\Components\\WinUptime\\winuptime.reg'];

pn++;

// End of program definitions ...