Hiding IP

R600

The real way to hide yourself is to block cookies, turn off java and javascript, use high anonymity proxies from brazil, germany, or china, and spoof your MAC address.

Or use a program like HideIP... Google will tell you where to download it from. Shareware!

lol, or that. But does it spoof ur mac address?

Another (free) way of changing MAC, is supported on most ethernet chipsets (including Realtek).

In the device manager, select the properties of the network adapter and under Advanced tab should be a setting called Network Address or similar. Enter any 12 hex digits.

• 3 months later...

Hello, I am also trying to achive the same result but I am having some difficulties.

I did changed my MAC but it seems that my modem dosen't like that and it won't re-establish a connection unless I have the original MAC which worked until now.

I want to thank rootworm for the free proxy list and LLXX for MAC chaning steps.

My question would be now. How can I make all my internet programs (such as MMO's clients, games) use the proxies (so the server where I connect recive the proxy IP)?

How do I set up the proxies, which for example, can be found on the page rootworm linked.

Or how can I reset my IP without changing the MAC (since it seems the IPS service is locked into the MAC)

Thank you

Edited by Messerschmitt

My question would be now. How can I make all my internet programs (such as MMO's clients, games) use the proxies (so the server where I connect recive the proxy IP)?

How do I set up the proxies, which for example, can be found on the page rootworm linked.

Google a program called "Proxifier". Proxomitron only works on HTTP, while Proxifier works with all types of connections (and uses SOCKS proxies).

I never tried it or used it but I will defenetly do it.

All I really would wish to know is 3 things:

1. Is it safe?

2. If I wish can I switch back to my old mode of connecting to internet?

3. If I wish can I uninstall it anytime I wish and just connect to internet while I used to before installing it?

Oh and do I have to procide the proxies for him to use or does he has it's own

Edited by Messerschmitt

I never tried it or used it but I will defenetly do it.

All I really would wish to know is 3 things:

1. Is it safe?

2. If I wish can I switch back to my old mode of connecting to internet?

3. If I wish can I uninstall it anytime I wish and just connect to internet while I used to before installing it?

Oh and do I have to procide the proxies for him to use or does he has it's own

1. Safety is a relative question. Just don't visit any "illegal" sites and you should be fine, also, as was stated above, don't use credit cards or any personal info.

2. Since this is just a program, just uninstall it and you should be fine. I'm assuming this, however I've never had a need to use a proxy. :sneaky:

3. See number 2.

Tor is a good option. However personally I would not do anything through http proxies due to the problem of the owner being able to see everything you do. That is why I use Tor, everything is encrypted between each node.

• 1 month later...
lol i made a proxy and it worked the problem was u could not get your reall ip back so u would be sitting in like china which ant bad but the internet ran really slow :wacko:
With proxying your data is being transferred over an extra few routers, so it's to be expected that you won't get full bandwidth. It's even worse with chained proxies.