Norton AV & FW with Server 2003 Enterprise

Tonight I installed Windows Server 2003 Enterprise edition on one of my computers for the first time, and the first thing I wanted to do was get an anti-virus and a firewall installed to protect my new server. Ran into a problem though.

When I double clicked on the AV installer, it opens up a command prompt, and after about a second or two it closes and that's all I hear from it. Also, when I double clicked on the FW installer, it says:

"Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed"

and that's all.

I have no clue what is going on, or how to resolve the issue. What's going on?

Jason

you can go into the registry and change your version to workstation and that will allow you to install your A/V software...

true, but im not sure how stable will the software be if you install it this way, i would reccomend getting corporate antivirus and firewall.

also check this link, on one of the last pages of the guide you will find a list of antivirus software known to be working with win2k3

man that "because it's a server OS crap does not cut it" as the one person mentioned it is all about licensing the product. any id*** knows that the cores for workstation and server are identical. it is only a few files on the CD such as setupreg.hiv that determine what OS you are going to install.

With the new Windows server 2K3, there is only 1 image that they use and it is indeed the setupreg.hiv file that determines what server you get web standard or enterprise. although MS has distribued some version specific CDs....(I have a Enterprise server CD but my installation thinks it is a standard edition since I edited the above mentioned file before installing it)

• 3 weeks later...