Linux comic!

Crispy

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
"Linux, for people with an IQ above 98"

It seems to me people with an above-98 IQ would be able to operate any system. Or am I missing something here.

i have just a little bit higher IQ then that but only os i used is windows..... 98 98SE 2000 millenium and xp.....

:whistle:

That is funny. A well laid out strip.

98. With OS's, at this point, having fairly easy installs and programs having a decent amount of user friendlyness, virtually anyone can use a computer to one degree or another. The hurdles that people run into are terminology ( this can be a language unto itself and at this point, I am only talking about the superficial stuff: cursor, desktop ( mine or the one on the screen?), task bar, toolbars, left click ( I know it's my index finger but left just sounds wrong for a right hander ), control panel ( why is it a panel and all the others are windows? ), etc. ), different paths or layouts within programs, all of a programs functions and what those functions really do ( this can go back to terminology ), and I know this is the ridiculously simple stuff. Think about the number of people you know, no matter what IQ, that you would be quite happy not seeing them driving a car? Now ask them to install a driver or change the oil. And we haven't even gotten to doing alignments or modding an inf. People think differently and have different knowledge bases.

I enjoyed biology in school, so it was fairly easy for me to learn. A classmate asked me to help them with studying for the final exam. They had a D average. She needed a B to pass the class with a C average. Two hours of study the evening before the exam. I showed her the patterns, why things were the way they were, words that would clue you in on what it was. She got her C. No problem. She just wasn't seeing it the way I did. Patterns, terminology, functions.

DL