WPI 5.1 Bug Reports

Could you please post your config.js file? (As an attachment)

Here it is:

You had a couple of description errors in your config file. I would suggest using a text editor like Notepad2 for error checking in the config.js file it will highligt sections that need attention. Here is your fixed config file.

Very strange problem now.

Upon clicking Install, it fails on random applications and loops endlessly, marking failure "X" symbols next to each application. So if app 2 succeeds, but app 3 fails, it'll mark a red "X" next to app 3, and move onto app 4 (at least the GUI says it has moved on) but it retries app3.

I can tell because I see it extracting the same package over and over again, and beginning the MSI based setup with the title window. It fails within a second of launching the MSI, then marks a red "X" next to whatever application is next in line, then retries etc. This literally never ends.

post-44632-1152315892_thumb.jpg

Hi,

This happened to me too, but fortunately I figured out what it was.

In my case it was because I missed to config the Install Order on some apps, be sure to set these numbers one by one and not repeat or miss any of them, if you have 10 apps you got to have 10 order numbers from 1 to 10

Tip: Use WPI Config Lister to view the ordered list of apps you have in your config.js file.

Hope I could help you.

Having strange problems with 5.1 now (install bug with the loop is solved, thanks for that), but at the end when WPI has finished installing all my software (together 192 programs) my cpu usage of the proses mshta.exe stands on 100% and it does not close itself right away but after a very....very long time.

It seems that the more programs I select, the time to shutdown mshta.exe will be longer too.

All installations are oke and there are no loops anymore (it runs fine, just shutting down takes longer then before).

I still use wpi.cmd to start WPI, in my wpi.cmd the last line is the restartline:

REM Restart PC in 30 seconds...
shutdown.exe -r -f -t 30 -c "Windows will restart in 30 seconds"

Because WPI is not ending itself the wpi.cmd won't start the last line to retsart my pc.

So wait for wpi to end takes too long.

REM starting wpi and wait for it to end.
start /wait %cdrom%\WPI\WPI.hta

But when ending mshta.exe manually, then wpi.cmd restarts my pc like it used to do.

Never stay all the way looking at all my software (192) to install so maybe this was already there before.

What is this and how do I solve it?

Don't know how you attach a file (tried but no succes), so I use rapidshare to post config.js

WPI.cmd

config.js

config.txt

installer.js

generate.js

I use the fix from Djé together with the first from sadicq.

Forgot to tell that it is in installing mode (installing XP with software) and in the debug mode also (so its not software, related...I think).

And also tried this on version 5.0.1 and it

gave not these problems (used the same config.js)

Edited by Pliek

Have been testing on two latest versions today with same config.js

Version 5.0.1 takes 20 seconds (looks normal to me) to close after 192 programs, but 5.1 takes 25 minutes.??????

So I stick with version 5.01 :yes: because this is for sure a version related problem to me, maybe it's a bug...that I can't tell. :}

Anyone??????????

Edited by Pliek

Version 5.0.1 takes 20 seconds (looks normal to me) to close after 192 programs, but 5.1 takes 25 minutes.??????

Pliek, can you please just confirm that the 20 seconds you're talking about are taking place AFTER all the installations are finished (and that it's NOT the TOTAL installation time). Sorry to inquire about this, but I'd prefer not to follow a dead track if I'm to investigate on this issue.

Installer in 5.2 will be somewhat different but we'd better be sure that this problem is 5.1 specific.

Yes After installing all the programs the waiting to close mshta.exe is 20 seconds in version 5.0.1

In the latest ( 5.1 ) It's mutch longer like I told above here.

The 20 secs. do not get less if I install. 5 apps. or 10.. in version 5.0.1 it stay's stable (20 seconds) no matter how mutch software I install.

So there is a different between these two installer going on... :}

Thanks Djé for your reply, hope to hear soon from you. :thumbup

In core.js make sure the Pause() function is like this:

function Pause(secs,milli)
{
position="core.js";
whatfunc="Pause()";

var SleepShell = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell");
var duration, sleepCmd;

duration="-m " + ((secs*1000)+milli);
sleepCmd=wpipath+"Tools\\Sleep.exe";
SleepShell.Run('"'+sleepCmd+'" '+duration,0,true);

}

The duration line had an issue earlier.

Mine looks the same:

function Pause(secs,milli)
{
position="core.js";
whatfunc="Pause()";

var SleepShell = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell");
var duration, sleepCmd;

duration="-m " + ((secs*1000)+milli);
sleepCmd=wpipath+"Tools\\Sleep.exe";
SleepShell.Run('"'+sleepCmd+'" '+duration,0,true);

// If you have any issues with security prompts on Server 2003, use this line
// SleepShell.Run('cmd /c "'+sleepCmd+'" '+duration,0,true);
}

When testing this problem in 5.1, I saw in taskmanager sleep.exe appear an again disappearing many times like its in a loop.

Hoop this is helpfull information?

:}:}

Edited by Pliek

It looks like the error is related to SetScriptWaitTimeout() and its call inside generate.js. <-wrong

I'll post back as soon as I discover the exact cause.

Edited by sadicq

Hmz ... interesting .. I found the problem, I don't know if what I'm doing is right, but hell it works!

Open installer.js, search for

if (!InstallWindow.closed)
InstallWindow.close();

and replace it with

//if (!InstallWindow.closed)
//InstallWindow.close();

And I must say I'm impressed about how fast it disappears ...

Edited by sadicq

@Sadicq: you may well be true.

@Pliek: sorry, I did not investigate too much in this direction because this code won't exist anymore in 5.2. (the bug seems to be specific to 5.1).

In the next version, the installer code will be quite simpler and thus more robust (or at least one can hope so ;) ).

While waiting for 5.2, you may want to give a try to sadicq's fix.

Like he said, it may not be right, but hey, if it works... ;)

Please keep on reporting your success/failure here.