are there any 4 slot 939 boards out?

Mikep7779

It has been said these boards are only for FX Processors. But we will see i guess.

AMD plans to offer enthusiast capability of utilizing two dual-core or even quad-core AMD Athlon 64 FX processors on a single mainboard,
Edited by ScubaSteve

there will be NO 4x4 boards for s939 as AM2 is the new desktop oriented chip also there are no opteron chips for s393 in the 2xx or 8xx series

and the 1xx series like my 165 (x2) doesn't even support hypertransport.

so either you wait for AMD2 4x4 - or go for dual opteron 256 on s940

but hey if you have the > $.$$$,- cash...

example for a current "4x4 like" -sys

Opteron 256 (s940) / 2x 1,8ghz / 2x 1mb cash / max 2cpu's on a board

Euro: 350 (total 700)

_______

mainboard:

Tyan Tiger K8W (S2875) (2x s940 / APG / Firewire / SATA raid

Up to 8gb DDR via intergrated grafics)

Euro 250 (total 250)

Or

Tyan Tiger K8WE (S2877) (2x s940 / Nforce chipset / Firewire / PCI-e x16 / SATA-II - up to 24 gb dual channel ram / ATI Rage XL grafics)

Euro 275 (total 275)

and to be honnest i dont thing a 4x4 option based on AM2 or Socket F wil cost mutch less.

It has been said these boards are only for FX Processors. But we will see i guess.
AMD plans to offer enthusiast capability of utilizing two dual-core or even quad-core AMD Athlon 64 FX processors on a single mainboard,

its actually for any dual core procs, so that includes the fx62, X2, and dual core opterons when they come out

Well there are 4 or even 8 slot Socket 940 mobos out there. Only thing is that they cost at least a grand, and the cheapest Opty 800-series processor costs 3/4 of a grand :P. If you buy 4 of those and the motherboard, then you've already used up $4000. Imagine how much you'd bench on PCMark though...

for DDR400 S939 the opteron 185 its most powerful option and clock great to about 2.8 <-> 3,5 ghz.

for DDRII - AM2 Mobo's you could wait for the Dual-socked option but remember that DD2 3xx / 4xx or 5xx is not that powerfull - and ddrII 800 is not just your avarage price...

im curious though, what on earth ar you planning to do with it..

for DDR400 S939 the opteron 185 its most powerful option and clock great to about 2.8 <-> 3,5 ghz.

for DDRII - AM2 Mobo's you could wait for the Dual-socked option but remember that DD2 3xx / 4xx or 5xx is not that powerfull - and ddrII 800 is not just your avarage price...

Probably word processing ;).

Probably word processing ;).

ya, that new MS office is pretty tuff on your computer... i might need a conroe just for that ;)