WPI 5.0rc2 Bug Reports

I mean to add a new configuration option like "condition" but the passes the content to the FileExists() function.

The end user would need to specify this path but maybe WPI could "attempt" to guess the correct path (that would require a fair bit of logic code though).

I mean to add a new configuration option like "condition" but the passes the content to the FileExists() function.

The end user would need to specify this path but maybe WPI could "attempt" to guess the correct path (that would require a fair bit of logic code though).

Ok, I understand what you mean.

For the guessing, I think this would fail at some point or another in some weird situations.

Anyway as far as I am concerned, you're first proposition is enough: I don't write manually the config.js but use an Excel application to do it automatically from custom program lists maintained in Excel.

So I can have this FileExists condition written very easily (my lists have separate fields for path, filename and arguments).

I was just waiting for the new (and stable!) WPI 5.0 syntax before releasing the next version with new features like (for WPI) User options, direct config.js file writing (not just clipboard) & command generation.

@bujo696: Did you use your ToolTip Style that you used in an earlier WPI Version???

Because in WPI 5, there are new entries in the ToolTip Style. When I copied my Style from WPI Lite 1.2 to the userconfig of WPI 5, I had the exactly same problem that you have got. My ToolTips were anywhere on the screen, but not next to the Mouse. :)

Please check your ToolTip Style, perhaps use the default to make sure, that this isn't causing the problem.

Good point, Dynaletik. They are different. Actually there are more options you can modify. I posted a TipMessage.rar file that has a demo and customizing program in another one of the 5.0 sticky topics. Forget which one.

I found typo bugs in installer.js

if ((programs[i].cmd5 != null) && (path(programs[i].cmd5) != ''))
{
cmdLine=substituteCommand(programs[i].cmd4);

Must be

if ((programs[i].cmd5 != null) && (path(programs[i].cmd5) != ''))
{
cmdLine=substituteCommand(programs[i].cmd5);

And

if ((programs[i].cmd6 != null) && (path(programs[i].cmd6) != ''))
{
cmdLine=substituteCommand(programs[i].cmd5);

Must be

if ((programs[i].cmd6 != null) && (path(programs[i].cmd6) != ''))
{
cmdLine=substituteCommand(programs[i].cmd6);

Thk for your hard work, Kel :D

Install from network share, i have no player shown on Installer, only red x mark.

Then add attribute type="application/x-mplayer2" on line 137 of Installer.hta and everything OK.

(Install from local computer no need this attribute still OK)

mritter, pls check it.

document.write('<embed id="MediaPlayer" type="application/x-mplayer2" src="'+InsPath+'" width="300" height="45" autostart="1" loop="true" showstatusbar="0" volume="68" border="0" >');

Edited by mykz

Hi

good work - looks nice!!! One thing, spacing between the lines in mainwindow is higher than in wpi4.3. result is, getting less items in one window ( now there is with same config.js a scrollbar/ nextbutton ). how to change this? which of the WPIscripts to change?

Thanx

These entries in wpi.htm (In your theme folder) designate how many entries to show per column.

<script type="text/javascript">

if (top.status != "")

{

winheight = top.status;

}

cols = Math.round((winheight/3*4)/320,0);

if (!maxentries)

{

switch (winheight)

{

case '600':

maxentries=19;

break;

case '768':

maxentries=26;

break;

case '1024':

maxentries=38;

break;

case '1200':

maxentries=44;

break;

default:

maxentries=31;

break;

}

}

Also in the same folder look in wpi.css in this file is a lot of strings that you can use to adjust things like spacing and font size. Between these 2 files you will get the look you need.