Image Software

rpgcrazy

I am looking for soem software for digital images. What I am looking for is something that will allow me to zoom into a cetain point and let the software clean up the image (eg a blurred number plate etc). Has anyone got any ideas. Thanks

doesnt acdsee8 do that? it has zoom option and some filtring like blurr.and also image ready that installed with adobe photoshop(easier to work than photoshop and simpler).

It depends on what you mean by 'blurred number plate'. If you are talking about something that is out of focus then there is a program out there that will 'focus' it back in but I can't remember it's name off hand. If I come across it, I'll let you know. If the 'blurred number plate' is blurred due to motion then I don't know of one, but obviously there is something out there because the police use it to correct images that are smudged due to movement and can then read a license plate on a passing vehicle. These images have led to arrests.

DL

Edit: If you are after focusing in an image that has blurred areas, you can try this program ImageAnalyzer.

Edit 2: This program says it will do both types of blur correction for $45. Focus Magic

Edited by DL

Such programs are really nothing more than a Sharpen tool that you can find in any decent image editor (which is often the opposite of the Blur tool).

If it is blurred, detail is forever lost, there is no way to reconstruct the original. Use the blur tool to blur a portion of an image considerably, then try the sharpen tool. You cannot obtain the original pixels, because some detail has been lost in the blurring.

@LLXX I really don't think so. I have used sharpen and blur tools in the past and I get the results you are talking about. If you look at these tools, the results are quite different. If they do what they say they will do, then the example pictures on their webpages show results that you won't get with sharpen tools. As for ImageAnalyzer, the tool is not just a click to sharpen. It takes some input on your part to correct the blur. It is not detecting edges and hardening them. It is taking the light from an object that is scattered due to not being in the focal plane and pulling the pattern back into a central location. I think I said that right.

DL

there's no magic way to produce detail from nothing. it's a mathematical impossibilty.

i've seen a bit of actual forensic image analysis...and they don't use CSI magic. instead they rely heavily on viewing the image under varying contrast levels to better expose detail. they use software to darken or lighten shadows to make details more noticeable, not to produce detail that wasn't there before.

@rpgcrazy - Dont post titles in caps

11. Please refrain from using CAPITALIZATIONS in the topic title or when participating in threads because they will not attract attention - instead it will annoy many of MSFN's members.

reported

READ!

Edited by WolfX2