Windows XP PowerPacker v1.0 RC8 Beta3

Siginet

I can confirm that it works :-)

With BartPE included!

Now my only problem is: It is to big for one CD :P

lol... yeah adding PE doesn't leave much room for programs in PE. Especially on a CD.

I found a bug. For some reason... when you add an XP Home Edition pack... It doesn't copy the IDENT files to the root of the DVD. :(

But I designed a new way for PowerPacker to get the IDENT files and it works better. So expect this fix to be in the next Beta. (Beta4)

I have confirmed the Extra Pack Files bug. I will fix it. ****... I never use it so it allways seems to get messed up somehow. :(

I am also adding a new "Advanced" tab that will have advanced features in it. I am in the process now of adding an area to Run a file (with parameters) upon completion of packing files. I've said I was going to add this feature for a long time. It will allow chaining of multiple PowerPacker processes together, Utalizing the RVM Integrator (Which has the chaining options too), or any other utility that has unattended parameters.

Edit: Just fixed the Extra Pack Section. ;)

Edited by Siginet

hello. i think i've found a bug in v1.0 RC8 Beta3

my winnt.sif file is not loaded.

after loadining it in powerpacker and creating the files, if i look in folder %MYUCD%\ROOT\XPPC\I386 the winnt.sif file doesn't includemy specific settings and also %MYUCD%\XPPC\wXPPC.sif doesn't include them

is this behaviour correct?

i tried both in tripac and in simple version but none of them worked

hello. i think i've found a bug in v1.0 RC8 Beta3

my winnt.sif file is not loaded.

after loadining it in powerpacker and creating the files, if i look in folder %MYUCD%\ROOT\XPPC\I386 the winnt.sif file doesn't includemy specific settings and also %MYUCD%\XPPC\wXPPC.sif doesn't include them

is this behaviour correct?

i tried both in tripac and in simple version but none of them worked

Hmmm... that is odd. None of my tests failed. Can you post your powpack.ini (or settings) file?

[InputOutput]
XPSource=D:\sloth_patchato
XPDestination=D:\dvdnew

[Exclusions]

[Extra Files]
ExtraPackDest=
ExtraRootDest=D:\file da aggiungere
ExtraRoot=Y

[Custom Options]
PackNameOn=N
Tri-Pack=N

[Unattended]
Unattend=X
Winnt.sif=D:\
$OEM$=D:\DVD\ROOT\XOPC\$OEM$

[DriverPacks]
DriverPack=P
DPSource=D:\driverpacks\UWXPCD_ROOT

[WinXPVersion]
XPVersion=P

[WinXPEdition]
XPEdition=C

[Win2k3Version]
2k3Version=

here it is

Only conclusion I can come up with is either your winnt.sif file does not exist at D:\winnt.sif ... Or powerpacker does not like it at the root of the drive? Not sure though. If wXPPC.sif exists in your boot directory then that means it should have copied it directly from i386 dir of your destination.

Is there possibly a winnt.sif file in your source i386 dir allready? Maybe WXPPP is not overwriteing it with your winnt.sif in your D:\?

Please run some more tests for me and let me know your conclusions.

ThX