HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

nice! will test it as soon as I have a little free time.

thx again, tommy!

Will also add the line for (IE8 for W2k3) and test that as well.

Edited by jvidal

Does anybody have a problem where Windows Task Scheduler become "broken" after slipstreaming IE8?

This happen regardless of whether I am using 1.7.9 Beta K or L HFSlip. I was hoping the the current L-Beta fixed this problem but after testing it, it seems the problem is still there.

I was also having problems where several dll, i.e., WMP.dll, qmgr.dll and inetcomm.dll was not registered, but I solved those by registering them at cmdlines.txt. However, registering the task scheduler does not seem to fix the problem. If I replace IE8 with IE7, or installed IE8 as opposed to slipstreaming it, all these problems goes away.

So far I am stumped. I attached here my log file, if anybody is interested to help.

HFSLIP.7z

Edited by kenlau

Does anybody have a problem where Windows Task Scheduler become "broken" after slipstreaming IE8?

This happen regardless of whether I am using 1.7.9 Beta K or L HFSlip. I was hoping the the current L-Beta fixed this problem but after testing it, it seems the problem is still there.

What exactly do you mean as broken? Does it not even open up?

@kenlau

KB929399 & KB951376 go in HF, NOT in hfsvcpack_sw1.

on the other hand, kb955839 goes in hfsvcpack_sw1 and not in HF.

Edited by jvidal

Ok, tested it.

Slipstreaming went fine.

Installation went fine, no problems. (except probably the occache error, which is irrelevant)

IE8 works

IE8 desktop icon works as expected, no problem there (after restoring it via registry trick, obviously)

Show desktop icon IS present in Quick launch.

WU is happy, except for WGA, which I intentionally didn't include (why on earth would I want that junk???)

WMP11 works fine.

The problem with Task Scheduler is that if your user account has no password, then scheduled tasks don't work because of insufficient priveleges. Set a password for your account and they work fine. I don''t know if this is a bug or it works this way for security reasons.

c ya!

BTW, in case you want it, attached is my hfslip.log

HFSLIP.zip

Edited by jvidal

I had asked if you could create a new slipstreamed disc. That's the question you didn't answer. I read your posts. Just needed a yes or no.

You day probably the occache.dll error. It's either in the setuperr or it's not. Did you check?

So far I have no issues, ie6/7/8.

@kenlau

KB929399 & KB951376 go in HF, NOT in hfsvcpack_sw1.

on the other hand, kb955839 goes in hfsvcpack_sw1 and not in HF.

As for the "broken" task scheduler, the icon do appear in the control panel, but without any text title. The description however, is there. Clicking on it do absolutely nothing. As for having a user password, I am aware of that, but with or without password the task scheduler still will not work.

OK. Thanks. Re-slipstreaming and will see how it goes. Will report back the progress later in the day.

Update: Nope, still does not work. The task scheduler in the control panel is still without a title, and does not work. Attach is the latest log file. I will now retest with IE7 to isolate the problem is with my source or with IE8.

Update: The task scheduler also did not work with IE7, so I tried my installing source and the task scheduler was still broken. It would seems that my source files was corrupted. Dig out my old CDs and put in the new source, and voila, everything works, IE8 and all. My source on the hard disk seems to get corrupted about once a year!

HFSLIP.7z

Edited by kenlau

works for me.

You're probably including something you shouldn't.

Check your files vs this: http://www.vorck.com/windows/hotfixes_xp.html

@sabregreen

Sorry, I did see the Occache.dll error in setuplog.txt, but it's absolutely irrelevant. everything works just fine. (I had already answered this in a previous post).

It seems you don't read as throughly as you should.

I also told you I was not going to re-slipstream a CD until I had some free time (which I just had tonight).

bye!

Edited by jvidal

Sorry, if this has already been answered previously, does it also include slipstreaming of windows power shell and the mui update ? Both these do not get slipstreamed. They have to be installed instead. Any work-around ??

@jvidal

I read exactly what you said. You said, "except probably the occache error, which is irrelevant." Either you had the error or you didn't, it wasn't clear. Thats why I asked. The error is not suppose to be there, therefore its not irrelevant. I was testing through to see what was causing the error and obviously, there are many situations I cannot test for, only mine. I figured since you were getting the error you could give me concrete results.

You answered my question about slipstreaming a new disk AFTER I asked you to answer my questions from my previous posts. You never said whether you could or couldn't slipstream a new disk before me asking in post 2084.

New beta up. Hope this does the trick.

I tested the version beta-L with XPSP3 Pro, but error 127 continues appearing in setuperr.log.

Error:

The Program of Installation could not register control OLE C:\WINDOWS\system32\occache.dll due to the following error:

GetProcAddress returned error 127 (specified procedure not found).

HFSLIP.rar

occache.dll has been discussed to death in this thread. The conclusion I get out of the messages is that it's a non-problem. My suggestions are twofold - don't use IE and don't open the setuperr.log file. :) LOL

New M beta is up that addresses a w2k issue. Nothing changes in regard to xp.

Never mind. We've already established that occache.dll is a "non-registerable" dll. So no problem there. Live with it.

Everything works just fine for me. Event the Show Desktop icon is present now.

bye!