HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

@SQ5FG: I quickly checked them and they should be supported.

If no new test version will be released, the only difference between the current test version and the next final will be: added support for IUCTL.CAB in conjunction with RVM Update Pack when WindowsUpdateAgent20.exe is absent.

Checked OK:

- WinXP SP2 English + RVM Update Pack

- WinXP SP2 Dutch + SWFLASH.CAB

Still to be checked: WinXP SP1 + Win2K USP5

Edited by Tomcat76

Q911565 - wmpui.dll is part of WMP8 but not of WMP9 or 10. When you upgrade to WMP9 or 10, WMPUI.DLL is not updated; it isn't even used.

I tried latest test release without nlite; wmpui.dll should be updated since I have WMP8 (which I usually remove with nLite).

Other updates seem to be alright (though I still have to test two of them I did not have in \HF)

:)

edit: @Tomcat, 833989 seems to be needed but you do not list it. It corrects the GDI+ vulnerability.

It is really confusing because lots of applications are concerned but I think I finally understood it:

-KB833987 updates Windows GDI+ component

-KB833989 updates IE6 SP1 GDI+ component

See this page (in french) http://www.microsoft.com/france/technet/se...e/ms04-028.mspx

The IE6 patch is listed at the middle of the page and contains vgx.dll.

Edited by Camarade_Tux

@Camarade_Tux: HFSLIP didn't process KB911565 because of an old restriction for KB817787. That's corrected now. Quite a coincidence... I was testing XPSP1 the last couple of hours and noticed the same thing... :)

We're nearing in. I still need to do some stress-testing on Win2K, especially with USP5 as there seem to be some problems in that domain.

Ok. Anyway, with latest test version, everything is OK.

All updates are present, tested without nLite.

HFNetChk reports all WMP updates are present, MDAC update not present (normal since I don't want it), and two files version greater as expected.

And just a quick note : these files are post-installed:

Q914798.EXE

Q840374.EXE

Q832483.EXE

Thanks a lot for this version. :thumbup

Win2K with SP4 and hotfixes went OK except that the MDAC 2.5 SP3 hotfix wasn't processed. That's fixed in 60527b.

Still to go: Win2K + USP5...

@Camarade_Tux: That's great. Thanks :)

USP5 is a strange thing. Kramy already told me the other day he got file copy errors in the beginning of Windows setup and I experienced the same a few hours ago. I traced it down to the slipstreaming of the USP5 service pack itself: some binaries (413 to be exact) are not copied into the source. This can only mean two things:

- my w2ksp51.exe file is corrupt

- the standard MS service pack switches are not supported by USP5

I checked the FAQ on the Hotstream forum and noticed that only the /integrate method is listed as a supported slipstreaming method. So I tried that, but the result is the same.

I'm now in the process of downloading the latest version... Be back in an hour or so... :blink:

Edited by Tomcat76

I'm gonna ask for support on the Hotstream forum. I download the latest version and the same thing is happening. I even slipstreamed (or attempted to slipstream) USP5 outside of HFSLIP...

Ok, here's the lastest I've got - these screenshots show the discrepancy. The first two are of my flawelessly working HFSLIP mod ver. The second 3 are of the latest test release.

post-58925-1148768148_thumb.png

post-58925-1148768162_thumb.png

Notice the filesize differences...and that even stream.sys is missing from it.

post-58925-1148768203_thumb.png

post-58925-1148768213_thumb.png

Also, a missing file on the first line - not sure what, and haven't checked if my perfectly working ver has that or not.

post-58925-1148768226_thumb.png

I know that Tomcat rearranged a lot of slipstreaming code, and while poking around today I caught a few errors. Sadly, I didn't notice them when I originally duplicated them, so I had to fix them in my ver as well. Due to the particular order though, they had no effect in my version.

It appears that "ELSE" is not a recognizable command unless it's on the same line as an IF. :whistle:

:HFSPACK4
ECHO SLIPSTREAMING SERVICE PACK...
SET HFSLIPSVPACK=1
MD SPEX\i386
IF "%VERSION%"=="2000" (
IF EXIST HF\w2ksp5*.exe (CALL :UNPACK_2KUSP) ELSE IF EXIST HF\w2ksp4*.exe (CALL :UNPACK_2KSP4)
)
IF "%VERSION%"=="XP" (
IF EXIST HF\*835935*.exe (CALL :UNPACK_XPSP2) ELSE IF EXIST HF\xpsp1a*.exe (CALL :UNPACK_XPSP1A) ELSE IF EXIST HF\xpsp1*.exe (CALL :UNPACK_XPSP1)
)
IF "%VERSION%"=="2003" (
ECHO SLIPSTREAMING SERVICE PACK 1 INTO WINDOWS 2003. PLEASE BE PATIENT.
FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B HFSPACK\*889101*.exe') DO START/WAIT HFSPACK\%%I /Q /X:SPEX\
)
IF EXIST SOURCE\I386\SVCPACK.INF DEL/Q/F SOURCE\I386\SVCPACK.INF
START/WAIT SPEX\i386\update\update.exe -u -n -o -q -s:"%~dp0SOURCE\"
RD/Q/S SPEX
ECHO FINISHED SLIPSTREAMING THE SERVICE PACK.
ECHO.
GOTO EOF

:UNPACK_2KSP4
ECHO SLIPSTREAMING SERVICE PACK 4 INTO WINDOWS 2000. PLEASE BE PATIENT.
FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B HF\w2ksp4*.exe') DO START/WAIT HF\%%I /Q /X:SPEX\
GOTO :EOF

:UNPACK_2KUSP
ECHO SLIPSTREAMING GURGELMEYER USP5 INTO WINDOWS 2000. PLEASE BE PATIENT.
FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B HF\w2ksp5*.exe') DO START/WAIT HF\%%I /Q /X:SPEX\

:UNPACK_XPSP1
ECHO SLIPSTREAMING SERVICE PACK 1 INTO WINDOWS XP. PLEASE BE PATIENT.
FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B HF\xpsp1*.exe') DO START/WAIT HF\%%I /Q /X:SPEX\i386\

:UNPACK_XPSP1A
ECHO SLIPSTREAMING SERVICE PACK 1A INTO WINDOWS XP. PLEASE BE PATIENT.
FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B HF\xpsp1a*.exe') DO START/WAIT HF\%%I /Q /X:SPEX\i386\

:UNPACK_XPSP2
ECHO SLIPSTREAMING SERVICE PACK 2 INTO WINDOWS XP. PLEASE BE PATIENT.
FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B HF\*835935*.exe') DO START/WAIT HF\%%I /Q /X:SPEX\
DEL/Q/F SPEX\i386\update\setupapi.dll

However, the above folder sizes were taken after applying the ELSE fix. Now I need to test if my latest ISO will install, which I doubt it will with several hundred missing files. I'll report back on if it works or not.

Kramy: I do not believe any ELSE fix was required. In all of the original code for the :HFSPACK4 section (60527c), the ELSE commands were on the same line as the corresponding IF commands.

If the problem you are experiencing is indeed an HFSLIP script problem, I guess Tomcat must have gone too crazy with the cleanup :P:D.

Ahh, he must have beat me to it then. :D
Yep... That problem was fixed in the 27c release.

Either way, the one remaining problem (414 missing files) is not an HFSLIP problem. I suggest we continue that discussion in the other thread.

I've sent a new final version of HFSLIP to TommyP a couple of hours ago which is based on 60527c but has the USP5 functionality stripped out. I'll let him decide what we're gonna do...

I don't understand how it can't be an HFSLIP problem, since I have a totally fine older version of HFSLIP that outputs a working slipstreamed & nLitable SOURCESS every time. :huh: Well, assuming I move the exe back to HFSPACK before running it, that is.