CS Source

Mocht4R

The system requirements for this game is 1.4 ghz processor, 256 mb ram etc. etc. (minimum)

What i want to know, is what kind of computer do you have if you play this game. :blink:

Processor

RAM

Video card

Edited by bms

Also, if you're planning to play this game online, its best if you have a fast DSL/Cable connection. Steam needs to identify your copy, and all that constant updating.... it takes a while even on cable connection, and worst yet on dialup.

Even if you want to play an offline LAN game, you still need an active connection. (For vertifying reasons) Valve really screwed it up this time thanks to Steam.

...Valve really screwed it up this time thanks to Steam.

steam is great - for valve. it bypasses the middleman and enables direct sales which = higher profits. i honestly commend them on their insight.

however, for may end-users, steam is nothing more than a big fat PITA. i'm one of them. after years of being actively involved in the HL community, providing artwork, scripts, running a server, etc., i finally just gave it up and i gave it up for no other reason than steam[ing-pile-of-s**t].

having to be on-line at least once in order to enable off-line mode - ???

having to be on-line in order to launch the SDK - a joke

steam server is down - really? what else is new?

friends is down - again? (or should that be "still?")

having to run an app in the background (steam.exe) in order to play a game that doesn't need it to run - silly

ads, displayed through the steam UI - for a game i PAID FOR???

there's over a 1/4 million posts in just ONE topic on the steam forums, many dealing with steam issues.

It works on my computer really smoothly, thanks to the 1 gig of ram i upgraded to.

It doesn't lag that much on my sisters 256mb RAM p4 2.5ghz computer either. I don't think you need that much high end stuff for cs. Quake? Yes you definetly do! Oh man, FEAR is a RAM killer, you definetly need 2 gigs for that game or else major lag.

Thanks for all your inputs guys.

I play CS 1.6 but was thinking about getting CS:Source. Is Source worth it? I've heard some people say that CS 1.6 is still better, but others have told me that Valve is really pushing CS:Source.

Here are my specs:

P4 2.4B Ghz

1GB DDR400

ATI Radeon 9200 128MB 8x AGP Pro

1.6 runs ok, but I still lag a bit. I think it's my stupid Linksys WRT54G....