will technology change in the next 6 months?

sven

ok, i have a laptop in mind i want to buy. there is currently a 650$ cdn rebate on it, which i would like to use before the 19th. im just wondering if the prices will go down in 6 months, or a new technology will come out.

Dell Inspiron 9300

Genuine Windows® XP Professional (English) (dont want vista)

Intel® Pentium® M Processor 750 (1.86 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)

17 inch Wide Screen XGA+ Display

1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz 2 Dimm

100GB Hard Drive

256MB NVIDA® GeForce™ Go 6800

8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability (not interested in hd-dvd)

intel® PRO/Wireless 2915 Internal Wireless

what technology can i expect in the next 6 months, and what kind of changes in prices? also, im not into getting the lastest top of the line new technology (hd-dvd is an example, cuz ill never use it)

thanks everyone :D

If you're waiting for the latest thing to end up being cheap, it won't. By the time something becomes cheap, it will be because something new (and more expensive) has come out to replace it. The Inspiron 9300 is already on it's way down the line. Dell already has plans to replace it with a newer, faster model.

i know that. but i dont think he does. even if theres a new model comming out, i dont want to pay 2000$ and get a lot less then what im getting now because of the sale. ugghhhhh, people who think they understand technology but dont p*** me off lol

Well I can see the prices dropping with the coming of Dothan on the scene. And there are prob going to be some AMD Turion based laptops as well. I would go with an XPS2 if possible. Or get a sager notebook with an AMD in it.

had to help aunt get laptop for her daugther this christmas.

paid around $600 to $700 us it was one of the cheapo's listed in the regular local adds.

same specs than what you posted exception

had 512mb ram and 80gig drive and B/G wireless, 128 dedicated video memory.

was told i had to install and setup up software. more like a couple weeks of play time :) but for most bang for your buck type doing. it was a solid system.

6months down road. yada yada yada... about technolgy... if me id be more concerned about warrenty or how well it was made, who is providing techsupport and if worth a dime or not.

if you be shelling out 1/3 to half the price of laptop for warrenty. save your cash get a one year warrenty and spend the extra cash getting a good bag to hold latop in. a good desk, some other things that would help protect laptop. instead relying on warrenty to cover your accidents.

in a couple years time. a new laptop with same specs will be half the price it is now. (in reference to warrenty remark)