Problem using MSN Messenger on Windows ME!

Mumu

is anyone having trouble running MSN messenger 6 on their Windows ME? I installed the program and click it to run.. but the program kept on saying my username or password is incorrect. I even tried to sign up for a new account, but it still didn't work for me. Anyone have an idea what the problem is? Is version 6 only for XP or is there a installation for Windows ME?

I am running MSN 6 on Windows Me and it works perfect,try to remove it and then reinstall it,on my first run it screwed up but when I reinstalled it, it has run well ever since.

Moved as this is a MSN 6 issue and we are trying to keep all the MSN 6 questions organized.

And merged, lol.

Mumu, I was new to forums and bulletine boards at one time. Take your time :rolleyes::)

First. Uninstall your current MSN messenger. Then install MSN 6.

Some Windows ME users are having the same problem because Windows ME is missing some of the Windows XP files. Essentially, your Windows ME is not the same as Windows XP. Be sure you have all the updates for Windows ME from Microsoft Updates.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
First.  uninstall ME.  trash it

Second. install windows xp or 2k

third.  install messenger again.

All will be fixed.  :)

w00t thats probally the best idea ive ever heard of on this forum w00t :rolleyes: ur so smart :D:D .and if u dont have any of those operating systems...then buy it u cheap bastard :D jokes w00t