My system specs

.PsychoMerc.

We all know that the speed of any PC is relative to the architecture of the PC as a whole. An Intel CPU with FSB 533, RAM that clocks 533, and an ATA-133 hard drive will outperform an equivalent Intel CPU with FSB 533, RAM that clocks 533, and a ATA-100 hard drive. The difference in these basic specifications is the ATA-133 vs ATA-100 hard drives. The succeeding factor here is the architectural sub-system.

The price differences between the Intel and AMD are significant. As ThA_FiLeR points out the price of the AMD will drop in time. Still, price vs performance usually decides which of the two brands will end up in the box.

Nothing against AMD as Drew says, but one must compare the AMD, in the above scenerio. I cannot make a valid comparison can I? Is there an AMD CPU capable of 533 FSB or higher to include RAM that clocks at FSB 533?

Nice chart Drew :)

In todays market just buy anything with 2Gz or equivalent(AMD)and above with your wallet or ego dictating price,and you've got a very fast and capable computer.Just have fun,unless you made other plans. :rolleyes:

I love AMD but I'm working on a P-3 533MHz HP.My customer is simply going to love the upgrade from win98 to win xp home.That's where there is happiness for a lot of people who can't shell out $300 to $500 just for a processor.It's all relative like MSNwar says. :)

Very true Zipp51. Countless PCs with P3 500 + CPUs and WinXP deliver satisfaction to most users.

Some of my associates and customers using P3 500 - P3 800 computers wanted faster computers. The ones that come to mind are those that were using Win98SE and recorded CDs as the most intensive operation their computers performed. After letting them use WinXP on my personal PCs with equivalent CPUs they decided to keep their machines and simply upgrade to XP. It was the Operating System that changed their minds. Not the speed of the PC. CDs can only be burned so fast, lol. This is a user group that really only sits down with their PCs a few times a month. Most of the people here are much more hardcore.

So ask yourself this guys. If you found yourself in the above situation and were limited to funds ( say $200.00) and owned a P3 500 with Win98SE what would you spend the $200.00 on?

1. Windows XP

or

2. A faster CPU

a faster cpu

oh and AMD runs at 8496563c and intel runs at 32c

thats funny, mine is running at 39c from the internal diode (at 10.5 x 200, 1.725v), on air.

reguardless, tha_filer, stock fsb for the 2500+ is 166(x11 for 1.83). amd decided to rate them higher than the 2400 because of the increased fsb and 512k L2.

about the whole fsb thing...

intels fsb is still running 133 just like amd's (for the most part).

its just a question of x2 or x4.

Well excluding the new 3gig with the 800fsb...which is 200 quad pumped

My point on the matter:

When it comes down to it in my mind the 3.06 with 533fsb is about 100 bucks cheaper then the 3200+ and it provideds better performance....and its not even the best cpu...

I dont favor intel or Amd..im just tellin straight facts here

=Drew

• 3 weeks later...

Procsessor : Intel 3.04 ghz o/c @ 3.34 ghz

Mother Board: Asus P4b533

Memory: Crucial 512mb PC2700

Storage: 80 gig 7200rpm maxtor (2 drives)

80 gig 7200rpm Western Dig. 7200 8mb cache

HP Dvd 200i

HP Dvd 100i

Display: Philips 17" LCD

AGP: Geforce 4 ti4600 (Preorderd Asus 9950 Fx 5900 ultra)

OS TRIAL: Win2k3

Misc: Ipaq 3955 Xscale 400mhz o/c @ 475mhz

I know i need a new mother board but my budget only alows for the asus 9950 right now lol!

• 2 weeks later...

When you first boot the PC it will be the first line of information that appears on the screen.

Another way is top open your system properties, device manager, and it will be in the main window under display adapter. Right-Click it and select properties from the menu. All kinds of nice information there.

what operating system?

win 9x

right click My Computer >properties >Device Manager >display adapters

win 2000/xp

right click My Computer >properties >?Hardware? >Device Manager >display adapters

CPU

Intel P4 2.53Ghz 533mhz FSB

Ram

2 x 256 ddr (looking to upgrade to 2 x 512 when i have cash)

Mobo

MSI 6533 Mini ATX

Drives

1 x 80gb Seagate 7200rpm

1 x 60gb Western Digital 5400rpm

1 x LiteOn 16x DVD Rom

1 x Mitsumi 40x20x28 CD-RW

Display

15" LCD at 1024 x 768 75hz

Case

USB Silver Dragon Chieftec Case

• 2 weeks later...