98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

.CMDs do not work on 9x/ME at all, of course.

You must convert them to batch files, taking a lot of care, because many commands have had their syntax, parameters/switches and capabilities upgraded on going to the NT-family.

I guess i need to give up then as i have trouble learning stuff when it feels like a pressure and it does right now :( now i really wish i hadn't formated that pc

Elvi, as a first step, please carefully replace in all the batch files, the following texts and try running them in the exact places and order mentioned in that Win2000 topic:

systemroot --> windir

system32 --> system

Before that, place the filever utility in the SYSTEM folder, not in SYSTEM32!

Please post the results afterwards. Oh and pay attention to script bugs (see post #84 in the aforementioned topic).

I guess i need to give up then as i have trouble learning stuff when it feels like a pressure and it does right now :( now i really wish i hadn't formated that pc

Never give up or regret anything. You will learn here @ MSFN if you stick with it. I couldn't have done SP3 without people

like Drugwash, dencorso, rloew and many others.

this is what happens if i use the bat file from here with the windir and system changes, no output file as it never gets that far.

C:\98se> IF EXIST C:\WINDOWS\system\%~nI%~xI (

C:\98se> FOR /F "tokens=4" %J IN ('filever.exe "%I"') DO (

Syntaxfel

C:\98se> FOR /F "tokens=4" %K IN ('filever.exe "C:\WINDOW

S\system\%~nI%~xI"') DO (

Syntaxfel

C:\98se> IF "%J"=="%K" ECHO>>files.txt %~nI%~xI %

J

C:\98se> )

Felaktigt kommando eller filnamn.

C:\98se>)

C:\98se>

Systemfel=syntax error

Felaktigt kommando eller filnamn.=wrong command or filename

@Elvi: OK, I see paranthesis don't get recognized by DOS7. Well, we might just have to try a different approach, since I'm not a fan of batch files myself either. Let me think about it, see what I can come up with. And never dispair! ;)

@PROBLEMCHYLD: That key would only exist for that exact USB chip. By the numbers, it's an Intel USB EHCI controller.

If you want to recognize a VIA chipset you have to hunt for VEN_1106 in the PCI section.

@PROBLEMCHYLD: That key would only exist for that exact USB chip. By the numbers, it's an Intel USB EHCI controller.

If you want to recognize a VIA chipset you have to hunt for VEN_1106 in the PCI section.

Do your system use USBHUB20.SYS 5.0.2195.6891 or USBHUB20.SYS 4.90.3000.11?

i guess all this would be slightly more easy if i could get ahold of the orginal swedish updates or?

If you can figure out which updates are language specific, you can try requesting the HotFixes through MDGx's HotFix Request Form. Just enter the MSKB article numbers from the language specific updates and when you're redirected to Microsoft you can choose Swedish if they are still available. :unsure:

Good Luck!

<br />
<br /><b>@PROBLEMCHYLD:</b> That key would only exist for that exact USB chip. By the numbers, it's an Intel USB EHCI controller.<br />If you want to recognize a VIA <b>chipset</b> you have to hunt for <b>VEN_1106</b> in the <b>PCI</b> section.<br />
Do your system use USBHUB20.SYS 5.0.2195.6891 or USBHUB20.SYS 4.90.3000.11?<br />
<br /><br /><br />Mine has 5.0 but it may well be a botched install (see my old posts with the complete listings). It does work but not at the speed it should for a USB 2.0 hub. I just am too reluctant to mess with the registry again.

i guess all this would be slightly more easy if i could get ahold of the orginal swedish updates or?

If you can figure out which updates are language specific, you can try requesting the HotFixes through MDGx's HotFix Request Form. Just enter the MSKB article numbers from the language specific updates and when you're redirected to Microsoft you can choose Swedish if they are still available. :unsure:

Good Luck!

The only updates i have is IE6 SP1 swedish