98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

Why not simply bundle the good version 6.00.2800.1106 DLL instead of the bad version 6.0.2800.1599?

Joe.

IE 5.5 SP2 files has greater stability over IE 6.0 SP1 files. There are faster and uses less resources.

After testing both sets of files for many many months, IE 5.5 takes it by a long shot. I use to think newer was always better,

but in some cases it is and in some its not. This is one of those cases.

You can always test both sets of files and come up with your own conclusion.

I will be removing Power Management Trouble Shooter since the same exact version is on the Win98 cd.

These files don't need to be added since everyone who installs Win98 have access. If files are the exact same

version as on the cd I will either remove if present or not add them at all. I wish I had known this 9 months ago.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

Hi new here, just stumbled on this service pack for old 98SE and i like the idea of keeping it slightly updated still but i can't use it cause it's english only :(

My own version is swedish so it brakes it.

The only reason i still use 98SE is cause i collect old pc's and right now i'm rearanging a old pc, switching hardware and so forth and it seems the copy i had on the main hd is going bad so i guess i'd need a reinstall but i'd like all the updates too but as winupdate is not 98SE friendly anymore... trouble trouble.

I've seen other sites have the updates but to me seeing a page full of update numbers just makes my head spin, i just don't know what i need.

If anyone has any ideas please share and if this post is somewhere wrong, just move it :)

If i could help you translate i would but i don't know the underworkings of 98SE too well even if i've used for many years, unless we help each other ;)

Funny enough, i tried the english version and it actually worked albeit some stuff changed to english :lol: thought the desktop got blanked.

If i could help you translate i would but i don't know the underworkings of 98SE too well even if i've used for many years, unless we help each other ;)

Funny enough, i tried the english version and it actually worked albeit some stuff changed to english :lol: thought the desktop got blanked.

Lets come up with a plan. I'll try my best to help you as much as possible.

@Elvi

You may want to have a look at my conversation with Hackeronte about translating UURollup. It starts from here. I don't know if filever.exe works in Win98 though. It would be much faster to check files with a script instead of analysing them one by one manually.

Um PROBLEMCHYLD... it's win2000 only and besides that, i don't see how it could help, i already reformated the hd and installed a fresh copy of windows onto that old pc of mine and i mean old, pentium mmx 233, 256mb sdram, 3 hd's 6.5, 7.8 and a 40gb caped at 32gb couse the bios can't see it else, and a nice voodoo 3 2000 pci as the video card :) oh lets not forget the soundblaster 16 card i have in there heh