More Vista 5259 Screenshots!

Aegis

Like the screenies...kind of disappointing really after all the time and money MS has invested into it but that is an unfair judgement becuase I have not test driven it yet. Still MS OSes are the only OSes in the world that have intro screenshots with antispyware prgram screenies....kind of discouraging.

That bubblegum may be ugly, but it was useful for beginning users. Now it's not functional at all. They especially managed to screw up WiMP. Oh well, it's still a beta. :)
How does bright blue and green splashed all over the screen make it useful for beginners? Making things easy to find and use is what makes it useful for beginners. The search right in the start menu... that's a good idea. As for WMP, I think it's easier to use than any of the previous versions, at least from a visual layout POV. The play is in the middle, back to the left, forward to the right, etc. Compare that to WMP10 and you'll probably see that it's better.
Like the screenies...kind of disappointing really after all the time and money MS has invested into it but that is an unfair judgement becuase I have not test driven it yet. Still MS OSes are the only OSes in the world that have intro screenshots with antispyware prgram screenies....kind of discouraging.

What's disappointing? The screenies don't tell you the half of how the OS works. Like you said, you need to use the OS to actually get a feel for how it works. As for the anti-spyware, that's just the nature of being #1 in market share.

I noticed in one of those screens that they changed Outlook Express to Windows Mail (apparently...)

Edit: someone I know noticed the alpha channel of the rounded corners of the start menu is screwed up.

Edited by Martijn