More Vista 5259 Screenshots!

Aegis

Winamp -> Music (WiMP doesn't support formats like OGG, the library needs some work and the interface is unintuitive)

The media library would be part of the GUI... making it a valid point to upgrade... ;)

EAC -> Ripping (WiMP only supports WMA -which is _really_ crappy and non-LAME MP3, the ripping itself isn't as accurate as EAC and doesn't get by Copy Control, the taggin is also unintuitive).
If you're talking about file formats, then yes, WMP is limited, but that's also what Microsoft is going to try to keep doing. Apple is doing the same thing with the iPod+iTunes. Did you know that iTunes converts all your files to AAC when transferring them to an iPod? It's a format that's not reckognized by Windows Media Player in any case...
While it also has some good points, WiMP still has a lot of problems which need to be fixed, and MS better should pay attention to those instead of the GUI.
Most of the problems that people complain about is usability though, something that deals with the GUI (emphasis on user interface).

In any event, it's a bit too early to tell now how things will look when Vista and WMP11 are finally released. You can only really get a feel for things when you actually use them.

wow unbelievable 80mb

800mb is the commit charge it increases as u open/close programs..

so actual is 80mb's which i was interested in.

thanks!

how about the services? how many of them are running?

Edited by XtremeMaC

sorry...i had add the memory uasge of system services in the screen shot, it is about 91.1 MB... but this is not mean that the OS take that only... i'll try to ask for another shots.

Edit: i'd asked the guy that took the screenshot, he told me:

"right now its using like 739mb of ram and i only have bitcomet, IE, msn 8.0 open, but yeah you only need 1.50gig cpu and you can use 512 ram but they recommand at least 1 gig of ram".

Edited by grafx1

Apple is doing the same thing with the iPod+iTunes. Did you know that iTunes converts all your files to AAC when transferring them to an iPod? It's a format that's not reckognized by Windows Media Player in any case...

Who says I like iTunes? Here's what I typed some weeks ago:

Just for the hell of it, I don't use:

- WMP (fails to recognise some video codecs, asks for a license now and then while BSplayer plays the file nice, it only supports MP3 and WAV for audio, a badly designed and un-userfriendly GUI with lots of bling bling I don't need, doesn't support my iPod)

- iTunes (beats WMP by a landslide when it comes to crapiness. I still can't believe that a program with as the most advanced feature one visualization, still takes a whopping 40~70megs in memory and makes my laptop fan go "whoosh". It also takes ages to load an iPod, even when iTunes is the official application. Sometimes it complains about my iPod being used on another accounts, but when I open Winamp I see all files immediatly. Same goes for reporting so-called "broken files", when there aren't any. It only plays MP3, WAV and AAC and keeps asking to convert my WMA files, even when I click no. It refuses to play OGG and FLAC. Keeps asking my to update to a vague version. Version numbering sucks too, the crappy video support deserved a 6.0 release? Man, this is almost a rant. Here's a summary: iTunes is the worst app I used in years, nah.) Or it's my computer who doesn' t like it. :P

Makes me sound like a nag. :P