Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 


the_guy

Service Pack for Windows ME

Recommended Posts


I have also the Millenium SP2 Service Pack, the newer and buggy one. Shall I upload it? ;)

Probably wouldn't hurt to give PROBLEMCHYLD all the resources we can give him.

Cheers and Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will probably keep the IE 5.5 SP2 Core files, because users can remove IE 5 with IEradicator if they don't plan to use IE as default browser. I think OPPCOM 2.1 and IEradicator combine with an updated SP will give users a killer system.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know how to fix this error? Windows could not upgrade the file %1 from %2 %1: %2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a wininit error message, it means that a source file cannot be found and so the target cannot be upgraded. There might more specific info in the wininit.log file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess we can ignore the message I was getting. Even using some of MDGx Unofficial Updates, I get the same message. The files seems to have updated though. Here is a BETA 3.0. It is based off the Unofficial Windows 98 Second Edition Service Pack 3.x.

Notes: To benefit using the IE 5.5 SP2 Core Files, you must remove Internet Explorer using IEradicator. Only do this if you plan to use another browser such as, Opera, Firefox etc.....

You guys can use the package as a testing point for me to go further with updates. A clean install is not necessary ATM. Lots of testing is needed. I don't think you guys will have any major problems because all of the options are compatible. Some options are disabled due to files not being ready.

Changes -

Disabled Main Updates

Disabled Microsoft Management Console 1.2.0

Disabled Logos

Removed 2_4DATE.EXE

Removed PATCHES.BAT

Removed Resource Hacker 3.6.0.92

Removed TOUCH.EXE 5.0.1754.1

Removed Microsoft Agent Server 2.0 (already included in Windows Millennium Edition)

Removed Microsoft Internet Printing Protocol Client 1.0 (already included in Windows Millennium Edition)

Removed Universal Plug and Play (already included in Windows Millennium Edition)

Removed Windows Management Instrumentation (already included in Windows Millennium Edition)

Removed Windows Millennium Edition/Windows 2000 Theme (already included in Windows Millennium Edition)

Removed Zip Folders (already included in Windows Millennium Edition)

Unofficial Windows Millennium Edition Service Pack 3.0 Beta 1 You must add .EXE to the file when saving. :w00t:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The features that are disabled are now optional to install or are entirely removed for the service pack?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked into the SP3.cab and SUPP.cab files.

I found a few files, which seem to be originals or older files. I guess these files are needless.

SP3.Cab: VNETBIOS.VXD, ASFSIPC.DLL, DRMSTOR.DLL, DXTMSFT3.DLL, OPENGL32.DLL

I'll test it soon.

Thanks for your work.

Edited by schwups

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The options that are disabled needs to be updated. There are hundreds of files I need to get. I had asked for a list some time ago and never got it. This will take some time because its not a high priority. I also need someone to gather all of the changes throughout the post so I can create an updated changelog. In the meantime, just work with options that are NOT disabled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know how to fix this error? Windows could not upgrade the file %1 from %2 %1: %2

I was able to fix the error by disabling System Restore. There was no error message on BOOT :thumbup

Every single option installed without error. I also have a BETA 2 ready and will upload it later. Its minor changes, but testers should download it anyway. I will be testing this package in the future with and without IEradicator and Oppcom 2.1. I think Oppcom is a better soultion than 98lite for WinME.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'v searched everywhere for Oppcom 2.1 but i cannot find it :( Any links?

Oppcom 2.1 and IEradicator will add extra stability and performance. They are not required. Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks problemchild :) iv been running me for 3 months now using ieradicator & sp2 on p4 with 1.5 gig of ram and had no problems whatsoever. I disabled system restore & pc health too. Its great :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Oppcom is a better soultion than 98lite for WinME.

Hello PROBLEMCHYLD, could you please explain why you prefer Oppcom over 98lite.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...