Windows 3.1x

microsoft don't support it no longer and only ppl that use are ppl that only have say 386 or something :rolleyes:

I still have some 386s laying around my house...Gonna donate them to my school 'cause they're acting as door-stops... :)

microsoft don't support it no longer and only ppl that use are ppl that only have say 386 or something :D

I still have some 386s laying around my house...Gonna donate them to my school 'cause they're acting as door-stops... :)

The funny this is, the local schools around here give me old 486's and PI's for free :rolleyes:

Does Microsoft still support Windows 3.1x?  I mean, how many computers in the world still have this O/S? w00t

Well to answer your question, no M$ does not support it anymore...they dont even support 95, and im sure 98 will come soon too.

=Drew

• 5 weeks later...
hehe true drew.. 98 will be the next on the cutting block :rolleyes::D

1 thing MS dont understand is that pc's cant run newer windows because there now power enf, my kools getting XP pro installed, i dont know how the older (crappie :D) Pc's will eun it! the only newer OS i ran was ME, i was a lucky 1 it didnt crash. Im back on 98SE i just like it betta. U can run win1.01 on a 1.44MB floppy w00t . Does any1 know how i can play around with win3.1 because there where 2 or 3 in my old skool and i liked it. A few years ago MS were saying windows 98 is the best win OS, then SE is a better 98 (i run SE) now 5 years later there turing there backs :) Grhhh bad bill gates :D

A few years ago MS were saying windows 98 is the best win OS, then SE is a better 98 (i run SE) now 5 years later there turing there backs

The best Operating System ever released by Microsoft to date is Windows 2000 (In my opinion). Windows 98 was a good OS, but Windows 2000 surpassed it. Windows ME was a joke. It was pretty much like using a new version of Windows 95a. LOL

That's just my opinon. :)

• 20 years later...

I would assume something like a few dozen or hundred people or the extremely few companies that rely on Windows 3.1 specific software use it. Then of course, there are the people who either feel nostalgic or think Windows 3.1 looks cool and keep a 386 or 486 box around. But, if I were to guess, most Windows 3.1 installs are on VMs.