Switchless Silent Installers, RVM/nLite Addons, .MSI Files

RogueSpear

Update - 20060110

Updated VirtualDub to V1.6.12 Build 24259

Macromedia Shockwave Player to come soon (been busy)

Phase out of RapidShare has begun

Anybody who is a regular visitor and downloader in this thread needs to extend the largest Thank You ever to war59312 for hosting many of the files here. I have taken on the hosting of the smaller files, generally under 1MB, but he has offered to host all of the files. I have migrated most of the switchless silent installer files already, and will work on the .msi files in the next few days.

With the amount of editing I had to do to the posts, it wouldn't surprise me if I made an error someplace. So please report any broken links and I'll repair it as soon as I can. So for anyone who has been having the strange issues with RapidShare saying you've gone over your limit even though you haven't downloaded anything in a month - you should be able to get these files without any problems now.

Dead Ones: :P

AutoGordianKnot V2.26

Microsoft Visual J# Redistributables V1.1

Microsoft Visual J# Redistributables V2.0

Thanks for pointing those out. AutoGK was just a mistake, but it seems that the server does not like the # character very much so the VJ packages have been renamed. If anyone uses my scripts that make use of these two packages, you will have to rename them accordingly.

If anyone would like to give a little back for all of the installers I've made and posted here, I could use a Messenger Live invite :D Plus that way I can start to work on making an installer for it and actually test it out too.

If anyone would like to give a little back for all of the installers I've made and posted here, I could use a Messenger Live invite :D Plus that way I can start to work on making an installer for it and actually test it out too.

See pm. :)

Hi RogueSpear,

I just downloaded VMWareTools.7z v5.5 and start it isntallation.

I created a Directory "X:\XPCD_SP2\$OEM$\$1\Install", extract there the VMWareTools.vbs and VMWareTools.exe files and finally,I configured my Winnt.sif as

[GuiRunOnce]
command0 = "%SystemDrive%\install\VMWareTools.vbs"

Then I start the install. After the Rebbot, I got the error (see image bellow)

Scrip:   C:\Install\VMWareTools.vbs
Line: 32
Char: 64
Error: The system cannot find the file specified.
Code: 80070002
Source: (nul)

VMWareTools installation failed! Although, both files "VMWareTools.vbs" and "VMWareTools.exe" are in "C:\install\ directory".

As my VBS knowledge is near to 0, let me know What goes wrong???

My second question is what utlity did you used to compress VMWareTools.exe.

In fact, I'm looking to set the VMware display to 1024x768.

I opened "VMwareTools.exe" archive file with winrar and found in the "program files\VMware\VMware Tools\Drivers\video\winnt2k\32Bit\vmx_svga.inf" file. The lines 87, 88 and 89 of it are the display setting

HKR, , DefaultSettings.XResolution, %REG_DWORD%, 640
HKR, , DefaultSettings.YResolution, %REG_DWORD%, 480
HKR, , DefaultSettings.BitsPerPel, %REG_DWORD%, 32

As "VMwareTools.exe" archive is locked, i can't modify it.

Or, it is possible to you to modify it for me???

Regards

coucou

The script that I included and the .exe installer itself both need to be placed in \OEM in your distro CD in order for the script to properly function. The main purpose of the script is to determine that the install is taking place within VMware vs. real physical hardware. You don't need the script to use the installer. I just included it for the sake of convenience.

As far as changing the screen resolution, I usually call NirCmd to do that. Whether you do it from a batch or in VBscript, it works fine. Here is the format:

nircmd.exe setdisplay 800 600 32

EDIT: As far as the compression goes, if I remember correctly, I used 7-Zip with that installer.

Edited by RogueSpear

The script that I included and the .exe installer itself both need to be placed in \OEM in your distro CD in order for the script to properly function.
Do you mean about /OEM is /$OEM$ folder in the CD ???
As far as changing the screen resolution, I usually call NirCmd to do that. Whether you do it from a batch or in VBscript, it works fine. Here is the format:

nircmd.exe setdisplay 800 600 32

Do this command be added in VMWareTools.vbs file??? If so, please indicate where!

And then, nircmd.exe file should be in /$OEM$ folder too?

BTW, here attached a usefull tool called VideoChanger (24k) just type under CMD VideoChanger /?

Regards

coucou

Edited by coucou

No dollar signs. What I mean is quite literally \OEM

NirCmd is not included in the download and the script that is included makes no effort to change the screen resolution. I was simply illustrating to you how I go about it. You can can change the screen resoluton wherever you like. If you want to add it to the script I included, that'll work, but it's not necessary.

I am aware that there are other utilities out there for changing the screen resolution, but NirCmd works quite well and it also does about a thousand other things. Why go with a one trick pony when you can have it all? The way I get NirCmd into my installation is through my addon pack (see my signature), but you could also just as easily stick it on you CD in \$OEM$\$1 or \$OEM$\$1\$$. Either would work just fine.

Rogue, about all the msi installer that run in svcpack.inf, i don't understand how to run them but i think, must i just write in it some like this:

[Version]

Signature=" NT$"

MajorVersion=5

MinorVersion=1

BuildNumber=2600

[setupData]

CatalogSubDir="\i386\svcpack"

[ProductCatalogsToInstall]

[setupHotfixesToRun]

Q330994.exe /Q:A /R:N

JS56NEN.exe /Q:A /R:N

mdac.cmd

Q823182.exe /Q /N /Z /O

Q824105.exe /Q /N /Z /O

Q824141.exe /Q /N /Z /O

J2RE506.exe

MSAntispyware.exe

and so on...

?

Or can i install all these programs via cmd?

Edited by Jedi82