WOW on Dial-up....

itdude59

Yea.. It may be well documented somewhere, how terrible dial-up connections are with mmorpgs, namely WOW. But I just wanted to see if anyone has actually or does actually play WOW on dial-up. The reason I want to know, is because I'm getting my account un-frozen.. and... I now live in an area that doesnt have ANY high speed internet... Even dial-up connects (on a good day) at 28.8.... Point is... I used to rock cable, but... now, not so much.

I would appreciate hearing any feedback or similar stories of misfortune... might make me feel better :(

btw .... WOW's official site says 56k or better.. thats why im curious about good ol' 28.8

I actually have an update on my situation (for those who might want to play WoW but are stuck with dialup). I connect at 26.4 most of the time and 28.8 on those random special occasions.... ;) Anywayz, I fired up the game yesterday evening and ....... it ran fine. Not a bit of lag. I did have a hell of a time buying something at the auction house, but that was because 40 other people were in there too... I didn't expect dialup to handle the splender of Orgrimmar. I have all my characters on a low pop server anywayz so that should help... yellow/green latency too, only got red latency at Org. Sooo.. yea, hollar at Assassinator and Killswifts, the next time you play WoW (if your on Boulderfist)!!

**Horde 4 Life**

Edited by itdude59

I would love to play world of warcraft. bUt I dont want to pay. If i did have it then i wouldn't use diel up.

Plus why do all the cool multiplayer games you have to pay for? I think its dumb

The people who make the game have to pay for their servers.

having 28kbps conexion is too slow for anykind of on-line gaming... i have 56k dial-up & it connects @ 50.6kbps.... i used to play Dota-Allstars,, im not a lagger though i have to say that im having like 2 sec delay but its playable...

i have dial up, and actually most games i've played online play really good, i can play UT 2004 without any lag, sometimes i do die without seeing reason but considering its not bad at all, farcry isnt bad but someone was cussing me for slowing it for everyone else, i wouldnt mind playing mmorpg's but between losing connections and having my phone line tied up all the time would suck.

sad is that i'm only 1 mile too far from having cable braudband or dsl, not even a full mile actually