WIN 98 SE NIGHTMARES

wizardofwindows

B) 98se its like a old datsun rusted out needs a paintjob still gets ya from point a to b you just have to hope your techy friends dont see the bootup logo .Unless you were born yesterday u must of used 98se hey u probably are using it now got a horror story ?Tell it Here....

Edited by timeless

B) 98se its like a old datsun rusted out needs a paintjob

working on a (modification/hack free) solution for that (probably be the last thing i do on the OS)

all the work is done, it's just the building the install that's taking me time (i'm old and slow). . .

horror storys, sorting out nforce2 resource conflicts was pretty bad i suppose.

accidentally shift-deleted my 'FORGE' folder (where i keep my projects) once during a spring clean

that was a nightmare . . .

however most of the good (imo) stuff i re-did better than before.

i'm mostly a retro (and emulation) gamer so this OS does me (again, i'm old and slow),

i have no plans to upgrade till theres 64bit everything and an advantage in having it.

as you say currently it 'gets ya from point a to b'

Edited by miko

B) 98se its like a old datsun rusted out needs a paintjob still gets ya from point a to b you just have to hope your techy friends dont see the bootup logo .Unless you were born yesterday u must of used 98se hey u probably are using it now got a horror story ?Tell it Here....

I think you might be setting the bar a tad low for what should be considered "techy". :whistle:

My biggest nightmare with win98 has always been adding new hardware on a non-clean install. No matter what hardware it is (though it's usually network cards), I always get the biggest headaches adding new hardware when "things" just don't go the way they should. Oh, and a new one added to the list is the "Windows Protection Error." Everytime I've seen that, I know that my win98se install is essentially screwed. I don't really care about the BSOD, I'm used to seeing that in win98; it's sort of become a "standard" occurance over the past 10 years ever since windows 95. Though when it comes to the NT OS's, the BSOD is my worst fear, because then I know something is seriously wrong with the OS.

My biggest nightmare with win98 has always been adding new hardware on a non-clean install. No matter what hardware it is (though it's usually network cards), I always get the biggest headaches adding new hardware when "things" just don't go the way they should. Oh, and a new one added to the list is the "Windows Protection Error." Everytime I've seen that, I know that my win98se install is essentially screwed. I don't really care about the BSOD, I'm used to seeing that in win98; it's sort of become a "standard" occurance over the past 10 years ever since windows 95. Though when it comes to the NT OS's, the BSOD is my worst fear, because then I know something is seriously wrong with the OS.
i notice that 2 that u need to install all the drivers where after Me the driver were found 4 u most times i guess thats ok .i dont mind installing video sound etc .network cards oh yeah ived had mega nightmares there.lol