Acrobat Reader 7.0.5 Update silent install

Doc Symbiosis

My Windows says it is a "Windows Installer-Patch", so /qp or /qn should work, like with msi...

When you start this msp with /? it shows also a list you can use ;)

Yesm you are right, but I tested all the switches. It starts the installation but then stopps. I can install the package manually but not with the switches.

The Update didn't work for me, even with a normal install, but I used a modified Acrobat Reader, I found somewhere in this forum, but I found out, that there is a full Version with all updates included available at adobe.com. I'm am now trying, which switches are working.

Edit: The /v/qn works fine for the full version

Edited by Doc Symbiosis

Yesm you are right, but I tested all the switches. It starts the installation but then stopps. I can install the package manually but not with the switches.

it works for me with this batch:

start /wait msiexec.exe /i "Acrobat Reader 7\Adobe Reader 7.0 - Deutsch.msi" /qb

"Acrobat Reader 7.05 Update.msp" /qb

OK I got it. Just downloaded the full 7.05 release. Installed it and grabbed the msi and the data1.cab out of the %programfiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Setup Files folder. Then I start the msi with the following cmd:

AdobeReader705.msi TRANSFORMS=AdobeReader70.mst /qb-! /norestart

The mst file of version 7.0 still works for me, so the Yahoo button and the license agreement are removed.

Edited by Dynaletik

Normally you can slipstream the msp in the original msi with this command:

msiexec /p <path>\adobe.msp /a <path>\adobe.msi /qb

But you can also simply download the full setup in version 7.05 at the Adobe website...

OK I got it. Just downloaded the full 7.05 release. Installed it and grabbed the msi and the data1.cab out of the %programfiles%\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Setup Files folder. Then I start the msi with the following cmd:

AdobeReader705.msi TRANSFORMS=AdobeReader70.mst /qb-! /norestart

The mst file of version 7.0 still works for me, so the Yahoo button and the license agreement are removed.

I'm just curious, what the "!" in the "/qb-!" switch means?

Um, it may be easier for all to just use the new AdbeRdr705_enu_full.exe file that Adobe has. It can install an up-to-date copy of 7.0.5 and interestingly can "update" existing installations. If, for example, you had 7.0.3 installed by using the 7.0 msi and the 3 updates, the new installer will remove all of those and put a plain 7.0.5 install. The standard /v/qn works just fine as a switch, however, it will reboot the computer if AR had already been installed. I haven't tested it, but I bet the standard Reboot=ReallySupress will work.