Acrobat Reader 7.0.5 Update silent install

Doc Symbiosis

Thank you very much

But can you tell me, what is the bunch of other tweaks ? ^^

Or how can I make my own .mst file for adobe reader?

Well to name a few, ads in the reader have been taken care off,

yahoo toolbar is hidden, no purchase adobe, create pdf online in the file menu, no online update checking.

Removed the optimization when installing, there is no Adobe Reader speed-up shortcut

in all-users startup folder. EULA is automatically accepted. Desktop shortcut is removed.

Default view is Continuous-facing and fit-width. Re-open docs to last view is set to all documents.

The way I did it {matter of personal preference, you can use your own way} was to

first off all download installed and used "Adobe Reader Tune-Up" from adobe site to create

the basic .mst file.

Some options were not available is Tune-Up so after creating the mst files in Tune-Up,

opened the same in "Wise for Windows Installer v5", then added some default reg-tweaks

into the main component group, then saved the .mst.

Upon saving the mst in Wise, noticed that it bloated the mst so tried different mst editors until I

settled on Masai Installer. Once again opened the mst in Masai Installer editor and removed the

additional non-required bloat created by Wise. Saved, tested and thats the mst I posted.

To merge mst into msi, I used ORCA, saved the transformed msi, and finally created my own

705 installer based on the new msi.

This way whenever I install from the new package, dont have to worry about passing command line

parameters to msi and gets insalled just the way I like it.

Still looking to disable page-Unit display at the bottom.

@Historic

Do you have any idea why the registry keys for the toolbar etc. that you added wouldnt be applied during the install? I created an admin install point, and then applied your transform to it within Orca, and saved a new 'transformed' .msi which I then distributed via SMS 2003. It installs fine, and I dont get the EULA and the update button is gone, but it appears most of the registry addons that you provided didnt take effect?

Just curious if you had any idea why?

Thanks for your help.

isn't it easier if you use the switches the standalone version....worked simple for me

http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/read...05_enu_full.exe

AdbeRdr70_enu_full.exe /Q /W /S /V"/QN" worked silently for unpacking and for installing.

The new version, 7.05, is not using the same silent switch for unpacking.

Of course, best way is to keep this incredible compresion from Netopsystem FEAD and not to unpack it.

so: 19,9MB (Netopsystem) vs 33,7MB (unpacked) is something to think when you want to include a setup on your CD...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...