HFEXPERT

Oleg_II

used this experimental release: HFSLIP_60309-exp1.7z

( .cpi and .cpl becoming both .cp_ ) - problem solved

:thumbup thanx Tomcat!

edit: by the way - never met the problem as .inf and .ini becoming both .in_ ?

Edited by murvun

• 1 month later...

@RBCC, this post answers this in a roundabout way:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=59606

It's long, but Oleg_II was very thorough.

It demonstrates how to set up drivers using HFEXPERT.

If you are an HFSLIP'er and you don't bother using HFEXPERT, I recommend reading Oleg_II's post.

At some point, Oleg_II left us, BTW, so that leaves the rest of us here to answer any questions.

fdv, I used your modded sfcfiles.dll. I replaced it by hand after hfslip, windows installed, but after 2nd reboot, it said "resuming" installation.

Normally, I use both your sfcfiles.dll and nlite'ssfc_os.dll patching. As I read KB******.log files in WINDIR, I thought nlite's modding could be the cause of some of my updates problem so I tried without it and install could not complete. I'm not sure but I think I tried to recreate an iso but it didn't help. Then, I reran nlite on SOURCESS, only with sfc_os patching, made the iso again and it worked.

This happened only once. I hope I can do some more tests this afternoon.

edit: thanks fdv for the link you just posted and also greetings to Oleg. :hello:

Edited by Camarade_Tux

I miss Oleg.. :(

Hoping he comes back.

But there's still alot of brain here :D *points at everyone!*

Time to reinstall 2k with all these new things i see on the board, see how it goes.

FDV; why would you use Windows 2003, if 2k is still so rockin' and I know there's more to go! :)

Thankyou!

-k

Kalo, I don't know that FDV's thinking is the same as mine but I can tell you why I am excited that he is already tackling 2K3: obsolesence. There will come a time when 2K either isn't capable of doing the things we need/want (IPv6) or when it just isn't supported by vendors anymore (more likely).

Make no mistake...we'll have to upgrade sooner or later. How about this theory for a bright light in the tunnel?