Acrobat 7 Pro + All updates Silent...

XXsplit

hmmm.... well t-b-x, i think i've found where the pb was coming from and edited my post... check in "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data" folder to see if you have any MSI***.LOG files there (in the machine you're testing silent install on)... If it's the case and the error msg is your serial number than you might want to redo your *.MST file with the not so new method i posted... lol

Sorry it took so long... letme know...

As for the splitstreaming part I have no pbs and the installed version is 7.0.5... not sure what is wrong here...

YYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

okay - guys - i got it now :thumbup

finally i made new clean vmware install and setup the whole process with the changes XXsplit descript. All works fine now :P

Thanx XXsplit and gelome for your help!

Man, this was a hard struggle! ;)

Edited by t-b-x

Hi, I used your guide, ant it is very good! Thank you!

I have one question though ...

How do I install to the "systeldrive" with the installshield tuner ?

I have tried to insert %systemdrive% in the installpath, but it sais unsupportet char (%).

I have more than one windows running on more than one machine, and it allways installs to the C-drive

any ideas ??

thx

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to everyone who did 7.0 with all the patches up to 7.0.5

But I have a question... why didn't you just install 7.0.5 instead of doing all the patching?

There is a full version of 7.0.5 ready to go and can be installed silently with "/S /v/qn" switches.

Just curious.

Congrats to everyone who did 7.0 with all the patches up to 7.0.5

But I have a question... why didn't you just install 7.0.5 instead of doing all the patching?

There is a full version of 7.0.5 ready to go and can be installed silently with "/S /v/qn" switches.

Just curious.

we're talkin about the ADOBE ACROBAT - not the ADOBE READER. maybe that's your confusion.

Edited by t-b-x

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know a way to have the mst file have a path dependand on the destination machine program files directory? I usually iinstall windows in drive letters other that c, so it's a real mess being forced to use only one letter...

Looks like the upgrades are not needed excepting for 7.0.5. I used the Adobe tool to create/edit the transform, then renamed the upgrade file to 705.msp. Works wonderfully, and I have only one entry in 'Add or Remove Programs' for the program.

Edited by blinkdt

• 3 weeks later...

Dears

is there a site besides adobe where I can find the bootstrap tool "acrobat7chaining.zip

apperently it can't be downloaded from the adobe site, it's mentioned as downloadable but no direct link that's working :realmad::angry:

I tried to see it with firefox and internet explorer but with both browsers I don't get a download link

thanks for helping me out here

Paul

Great thread.

One tip. I copied my CD to a hard drive, then did the administrative install from hard drive, naming folders like this:

Acro7Install - using setup.exe /a command

Acro7 - CD dump

I accidentally applied the 7.0.5 patch to the Acro7 folder and it worked! So you can slipstream not only to an administrative install point, but also to a hard drive dump of the CD itself.

Since I put all my programs on to one large USB drive and install from USB, this is real helpful.

• 1 month later...

The silent insatller works beautifully, thanks a million, only one problem: why is it incompatible - at least in my case - with the silent install of Office 2003 (produced according to the Unatended Site)?

:no:

Sorry guys, my mistake! It was my office that wasn't working all that well, but now it's OK.

Edited by Sangi

Not sure if anybody else has been having this problem but no matter what I did I couldn't stop an Activate Adobe dialog from popping when I was installing using RunOnceEx so I always had to click cancel and activate it once my silent install was completely done.

Having just followed the steps for Nero 7 Ultra ( http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=59483 ) I got curious about using Adminstudio (link and intro instructions on Nero 7 page) to remove the activation popup from the setup process.

Turns out it works...

Guide for making MST

1) In order to to make the .mst download AdminStudio trial, the password is utopia05 (Mod's the password is standard and not a serial). Install

2) Open FLEXnet AdminStudio 7

3) Then go to the tab Assistant

4) Select the .msi created by the admin install, then hit start

5) Then in the windows select under Customization option, select create a mst file. Browse to your existing mst.

6) Hit Customize

7) In the Window that opens you should see a list, Expand Behaviour and Logic folder, then click on Custom Actions.

8) Delete ALMCheckActivationStatus and ALMInstallActivation.

9) Hit save.

10) Now use the mst like any other.

I guess you could just modify the msi directly but since we're using an mst anyway, I couldn't see the point. If you do modify the msi, I think you have to also import the customized package but I don't really know.

If someone could test this, that'd be cool and if someone could let me know if it's really necessary to import that msi, that'd be nice too.

good luck and props go to keytotime for showing giving me an idea on how to use AdminStudio

• 4 weeks later...

New update patch available:

http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acro...07_all_incr.exe

Extracting it will give you an msp

EDIT: But I have no idea how to integrate :no:

I tried using the previous method but got the error mentioned below. I first patched to 7.0.5 and then tried to patch that to 7.0.7 /EDIT

EDIT: Solved, Read my second post below

Edited by CMan