Are there any MSFN Idlers? ...

qzmicro

its been tried a few times but real time chats never seem to take off for msfn. Jeff did something recently aswell that ended up not being used too that you could chat and help people on, shame too.

hope this one works out though.

msfn was actually born in an IRC chat on Efnet though prathapml ;)

Wow tris, thats nice to know that it all began from IRC! :yes:

Hmm, i agree, I've seen many real-time chat proposals come and go. Hopefully, this time we've got the critical mass to keep it in operation. That, and pjIRC is extremely simple, so people might like the chat-site. You know, like probably a number of members could PM each other, or plan among themselves thay they will all meet on http://msfn.org/irc at Sunday 11 AM, etc...

There's definitely a choice:

If you are more comfortable with mIRC, then you can use it.

If you feel IRC clients are too complex, or cant use it for any reason, then the web-UI is good.

Truly, the killer part of it has to be that you dont need any special apps/skills to access it. Just go to a link, and you are ready to go....

Will it be just one generic channel, or broken down into sections like the site. Like irc.efnet.com/msfn and then #hardware, #windows xp etc.?

I hope that we can have just one channel to start off with... and if we get enough people idling with us, we can open new more specifric channels. Thsi will be great... please let me knkow if there is anything I can do to help.

Qz :huh:

There's definitely a choice:

If you are more comfortable with mIRC, then you can use it.

If you feel IRC clients are too complex, or cant use it for any reason, then the web-UI is good.

Truly, the killer part of it has to be that you dont need any special apps/skills to access it. Just go to a link, and you are ready to go....

I have been away for a few days, but now I'm back. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I have been on IRC for years. Later... :)

or just have some main topics like general discussion, windows, software/hardware,unattended,etc. pretty much just like the main forum topics

From experience, I think it would be best to gather the masses first, in one channel... to make sure we start off strong... then as we grow and expand, we can add other channels and operators... just my thoughts on how we should go about it.