Nero Burning ROM v7 installation

BoardBabe

Guys,

This is straight from my WinRAR SFX for Nero. I'm using 7.2.7.0 of Nero and no more reboots!!!!

I extracted the Nero-7.2.7.0_eng_no_yt.exe into a directory called nero. From there I made the modifications to the conf.txt file and then created a new WinRAR SFX.

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=.\nero\nero.msi STARTPARAM="CallFromExe" DONOTRUNSETUPX="1" SERIALNUM_USERVAL="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" /quiet /qn /norestart

Silent=2

Overwrite=1

Title=Nero 7.2.7.0 Premium

I'm trying with this comment:

Setup=.\nero.msi STARTPARAM="CallFromExe" DONOTRUNSETUPX="1" SERIALNUM_USERVAL="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" /quiet /qn /norestart

Silent=2

Overwrite=1

Title=Nero 7.2.7.0 Premium

Let's see if it works...

Annita

I've managed to get nero 7.2.7.0 to insstall without rebooting BUT running the nero.msi to install cause's the install to ignore the conf.txt file so it is not a custom install as such but it does install with default components and does not reboot.

Here's what i did:

1. Unistalled Nero if already installed and rebooted

2. Run the standard installer without any parameters and waited until extracrted and first welcome screen appears

3. Then go to temp folder where files were extracted to and copy them to anoter folder on your hard drive

4. Then cancel out of the install wizard

5. Go to the folder where you copied the extracted files (at this point you can try to modify the conf.txt file but in my case it had no affect on installed components other than default - let me know if it works for you) and select all the files and folders and create a SFX archive with winrar using the following comment:

Setup=nero.msi /QB /NORESTART STARTPARAM="CallFromExe" DONOTRUNSETUPX="1" SERIALNUM_USERVAL="your-seria-num-berh-ere!" AGREETOLICENSE="TRUE"
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

6. That's it ! You should now have a fully contained silent installer which needs no external switches to install silently

P.S. As i said above this will only install the default components without the reboot for some reason it doesnt matter if the conf.txt file is modified or not or maybe you might have more succes than me let us know if you do.

I hope that is explained clearly for you let me know how it goes it you try it.

ironside

Edited by ironside

I've alsi found a command parameter ADDLOCAL="" that will allow you to select which components are installed if using my method as descrived above.

usage:

ADDLOCAL=NeroProductSetup7850B4D2,NeroSuiteInstallerDD1EB5BC,NeroStartSmartB035464E,NeroBurningRomBC
AFF604,NeroRecode6035F00C,NeroBackItUpCB9D5429,NeroCoverDesigner7CE8D626,NeroBurnRights72CC518F,Nero
ImageDriveE38B9E06,NeroInfoToolE72D824A

You can add or remove components as you wish and should be seperated by a comma, and the values surrounded by "quotes"

More values can be found by opening the nero.msi in a msi viewer like orca under the "feature"

So now my arcive comment looks something like this:

Setup=nero.msi /QB /NORESTART STARTPARAM="CallFromExe" DONOTRUNSETUPX="1" SERIALNUM_USERVAL="xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-" AGREETOLICENSE="TRUE" ADDLOCAL=NeroSuiteInstallerDD1EB5BC,NeroBurningRomBCAFF604,NeroRecode6035F00C,NeroInfoToolE72D824A,N
eroDriveSpeed7DFFCC12,NeroCDDVDSpeed82602EE0
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

so only nero burning rom, nero recode and the nero toolkit will be installed in the above examole

I hope that helps as well

Edited by ironside

Feature names

NeroStartSmartB035464E
NeroBurningRomBCAFF604
NeroHome2FF8B816
NeroVision57D52359
NeroShowTimeD773A6E2
NeroRecode6035F00C
NeroMediaHome53BEFA20
NeroBackItUpCB9D5429
NeroCoverDesigner7CE8D626
NeroPhotoSnapED1EAF52
NeroWaveEditorFA3A3F7B
NeroSoundTrax716FE146
InCDC9AC4AC7
NeroBurnRights72CC518F
NeroImageDriveE38B9E06
NeroCDDVDSpeed82602EE0
NeroDriveSpeed7DFFCC12
NeroInfoToolE72D824A
NeroFastCDDVDBurningPluginC5AB9CFD

You can use ADDSOURCE besides ADDLOCAL.

Guys,

Some assumptions I may have made.....

The original Nero installer exe was extracted with WinRAR by right-clicking on the file and selecting extract to folder. This will then create a folder called Nero-7.2.7.0_no_yt for example.

When creating my WinRAR SFX file, I selected the files within this folder, rather than the folder itself. i.e. when I open the WinRAR SFX file that I created with WinRAR, I see the files and not a folder.

If you created your SFX file by right-clicking on the folder you will see a folder first, and your setup statement must take this into account. i.e. if you have a NERO folder in your WinRAR SFX file, your setup statement will be like this ./nero/setup.msi <paramaters> etc.

When you run the WinRAR SFX file, you should see the files being extracted first. Then Nero will install silently first.

If you are running into file missing errors on the CAB's, I had this too but I added the missing cabs into the SFX file after I had run into the errors.

One thing to test before creating the SFX file is to run the setup command from within the same directory as the NERO.MSI file from a command prompt. If this works, then you have a problem with your SFX file - if you still have problems it's possibly your original NERO file.

Let me know how you get on.

Sudo911.post-109253-1157369147_thumb.jpg

If you are running into file missing errors on the CAB's, I had this too but I added the missing cabs into the SFX file after I had run into the errors.

Sudo911.post-109253-1157369147_thumb.jpg

I have also been trying to get nero to do an unattended install recently. I used to use /qb /norestart and it worked so well. Ahead changed something in the latest release which basically means setupx ignores the /norestart parameter now as we have all found. I have sent them a technical support request to ask for it to be fixed and asked why this is so but I don't expect an answer anytime soon.

Also I have run into another problem - yep the same as most of you have found missing cabs....

The problem appears to be something weird with the nero setup. When you extract the package using the distro setup (ie executing the exe file) there is 453 files in the cabs directory.

When I use winrar or any other archive utility to look or extract the files I can only ever see/extract 338 files????

They are double packing some cabs (the missing ones) but I cannot find where the extra ones are initially stored. They are not packed using rar, cab or any obvious format.

The problem is the second level of decompression happens in the setupx cycle by the looks of it. The whole point of our mods is to bypass this setupx as the /norestart is not honoured by this layer (and hence any layers underneath)

I have no idea why they would do this other than to stop people screwing with their distro's.

The only solution really is to run nero once using the downloaded setup until the MSI install starts. Capture the files from the temp dir and package them up into a new rar archive.

You can also capture the missing cabs, re-add them to the nero distro and modify the post extract execute command to run the msi install directly which is what has been previously described above basically.

Edited by cn0saj

@cn0saj. Works perfect :thumbup

I started the instalation with Nero-7.2.7.0_nor_no_yt.exe, waited for the MSI to start, then copied the TEMP dir to another place. Stopped the instal. Made SFX with this comment;

----------------------

Setup=nero.msi /QB /NORESTART STARTPARAM="CallFromExe" DONOTRUNSETUPX="1" SERIALNUM_USERVAL="xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-" AGREETOLICENSE="TRUE" ADDLOCAL=NeroSuiteInstallerDD1EB5BC,NeroBurningRomBCAFF604,NeroRecode6035F00C,NeroInfoToolE72D824A,

NeroDriveSpeed7DFFCC12,NeroCDDVDSpeed82602EE0

TempMode

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

-----------------------

No Scout appeared, no reboot, just a plain good unnatended instal :yes:

Edited by Floppy

@cn0saj. Works perfect :thumbup

I started the instalation with Nero-7.2.7.0_nor_no_yt.exe, waited for the MSI to start, then copied the TEMP dir to another place. Stopped the instal. Made SFX with this comment;

----------------------

Setup=nero.msi /QB /NORESTART STARTPARAM="CallFromExe" DONOTRUNSETUPX="1" SERIALNUM_USERVAL="xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-" AGREETOLICENSE="TRUE" ADDLOCAL=NeroSuiteInstallerDD1EB5BC,NeroBurningRomBCAFF604,NeroRecode6035F00C,NeroInfoToolE72D824A,

NeroDriveSpeed7DFFCC12,NeroCDDVDSpeed82602EE0

TempMode

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

-----------------------

No Scout appeared, no reboot, just a plain good unnatended instal :yes:

sorry did the same but i've got scout in the nero folder on start menu and in my computer