New Nero

techniquefreak

Well, isn't the size larger because the file you're referring to is a cd image?

I should think it'd end up being approx. the same size as the current, downloadable, version of Nero Reloaded ...  :yes:

look at some screenshots it suck !

http://files.9down.com:8080/screenshots/N/nero7_1.jpg

THose news programs are made for attarded !

( I miss the time when geek rule the computer ! Now its a dumbproof wolrd thank to Microsoft and their followers :realmad: )

its good that they patch often, they add new things, give better burner support and fix the odd glitch

Yeah I see that it has it's use. And to that other guy, I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that MONTHLY updates are not all that necessary for a cd burning program, even if they add a couple new burners and some stuff. It's not virus defs or crititcal systems patch so I just don't see why it would be important to make people dowload 300Mb of updates every 30 days that's why. My critic was not all aimed at the usefulness of those patches. And I saw it written for 7 so it's the last time I talk about this, but I didn't know with 6 that it was something intented to release a really minor version so often.

Well the world cant be to dumbproof if you can't even spell world right, moron go flame somewhere else.

Also that picture isnt even Nero 7 you id***

Even if it was Nero 7... this is NERO SMART START!!! Which I never use cause I hate that dumbproof gui. Just delete the link and replace it with the direct link to nero buring rom and you're set. I'm sure v7 will have the same interface as every other versions with minor changes and some options added but that's it.

Nero 7 looks/sounds like it will be intersting but I have no actual hands-on knowledge. As for the size there are a few reasons it might be so big. As has already been stated it may be disc image. Another possibility is it [probably] contains the entire non-optimized and multi-language suite. This always happens when the "leaks" of new Nero software happens. When the final comes out the download becomes more modular, localized in language, and smaller in size.

I'm happy with Nero 6 Ultra and never use Smart Start but I'll probably update to v7. Unless they do something really really crazy I don't think it's possible to make me switch to another product for my general everyday CD/DVD burning needs.

rotjong

Edited by rotjong

The 520MB version is not a disk image. It is just not compressed. Until now the downloads of Nero were always compressed. Unpacked it was not much smaller than Nero 7 or Roxio Easy Media Creator. It has indeed support for 26 languages in it but some things are always in English. I didn't found a lot of changes, it just looks better. InfoTool now displays wether your burner can handle HD-DVD or not but I don't know if Nero supports it.

By the way, the serial-problem is solved. ;)

I tried the new Nero 7 Premium and it is a cd image with multilanguage support built in. It also has loads of other crap that no one in their right mind would ever use, like a "media center" which includes a non-working app for tv tuner cards, a video player, video editor, some photo thing, a voip app and other stuff which I didn't even bother looking at. The interface is not only ugly, but clumsy as well. Basically, it's the same old Nero with a new interface slapped on. You can change more settings in this version, which is basically useless, and all that's gonna do is cause n00bs to screw things up more. After 20 minutes of trying it out, I uninstalled and deleted it, then reinstalled 6.6.0.16. I think it may be a beta, because even though the only language I had installed was english, the uninstaller was partially in german. Here's some shots:

http://www.winfuture.de/news,22134.html
http://www.winfuture.de/index.php?page=wfv4/BSv2/scg-ia.php&id=1294&seite=1

Edited by SyntaxError

• 1 month later...
I'm just saying that MONTHLY updates are not all that necessary for a cd burning program, even if they add a couple new burners and some stuff. It's not virus defs or crititcal systems patch so I just don't see why it would be important to make people dowload 300Mb of updates every 30 days that's why.
If you dont need the new fixes/updates like you said, then why keep downloading it? :P Its meant for those who NEED it.

They aren't forcing customers to update anyways.

Wow a media center in Nero? Seems like bloat to me.

It's bloatware, alright. I installed, took a look and promptly removed it. I don't have a dog that needs walking. Version 6 is good enough for my own needs.