Gmail get new features!

sonu27

Gmail get new features! That are only availaable in US English, to view these new features switch your language to US English.

Here they are:

Nine more languages

We've gone from 1 to 38 in less than five months. Now you can also use Gmail in: Catalan, Czech, Estonian, Hindi, Lithuanian, Romanian, Tagalog, Thai and Turkish. More Gmail for more people in more places around the world. Learn more

Gmail Notifier for Macs

The Gmail Notifier lets you view new messages without opening a browser. And now, we have a version just for Mac users. It looks cool–almost as cool as your new Powerbook. And it even supports plug-in development.

Get to Gmail from any web page

Download the new Gmail-enabled Google Toolbar. Search your mail or instantly go to your Inbox from any web page with just one click. Learn more

Call and IM your friends for free

Download Google Talk to IM and make free calls through your computer. Anytime, anywhere in the world, and for as long as you want. Your Gmail contacts are pre-loaded, and Google Talk even notifies you of new Gmail messages. Learn more

Be yourself

@gmail.com, or @yourschool.edu, or @yourcustomdomain.com. Now you can customize the 'From:' address on your outgoing messages to display another one of your addresses instead. Use any alias or email address that you own, but do all your sending from Gmail. Learn more

Search for Gmail messages even when you're offline

Google Desktop lets you search your computer for files, music, photos, chats, web pages you've seen, and now, your Gmail messages too. You can even view Gmail messages, news, RSS feeds, and other personalized information right on your desktop with the new Sidebar.

View here: Whats New?

Please post this on the Frontpage.

Submitted by Sonu27

Be yourself

@gmail.com, or @yourschool.edu, or @yourcustomdomain.com. Now you can customize the 'From:' address on your outgoing messages to display another one of your addresses instead. Use any alias or email address that you own, but do all your sending from Gmail. Learn more

way to go, more spam, its easier to fool anyone with this.

Be yourself

Yes the potential is there but I would think that they would see the damage something like that would do to their own reputation and unneccessarily burden their own systems. I do see your point though. There is potential for abuse. Taking that into account, it is suprising that they don't mention something that would address this. I can't imagine that this hasn't crossed their minds. Keeping in mind what you have said, it will be worth watching to see what happens.

DL

Yes the potential is there....

You missed the details! Take a closer look. Lets say you want to be able to send email with your "from:" address as "me@yahoo.com".

Then you first set it up in Gmail prefs, then Gmail sends you a mail to your specified address at yahoo, and you need to click the link in the mail, to verify that you are the owner. ONLY then can you send mails posing as that address.

So you see, this facility is very different from spammers, who send mails from non-existent addresses.

Let me know when the upload limit is a much bigger size and I'll be all about it. I must compliment Google on all the progress in all the last year though. It has been my Internet 'rock' so to speak for many years but they are growing more than ever. The aquisition of the Keyhole software to form Google Earth is simply amazing! Keep at it Google!

I'm glad now, I can use other email from Gmail.

And I only saw the features when I swithched to US language.

I say it new not seen it anywhere else.

Other email providers let you choose any from address.

I sent a fake email to my fried from billgates@microsoft.com he was fooled. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...