Need a WMA to MP3 Converter

sonu27

Well I just recently bought a CD/MP3 player from Canada and the problem is that every time I rip tracks I rip them into WMA and it doesn't play WMA tracks.

So you would imagine most my tracks are WMA. I need a WMA to MP3 converter, but I'm having trouble finding a freeware one. Most come up with shareware or trials.

Does anyone happen to know a very good WMA to MP3 converter which is freeware?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sonu

Edited by sonu27

GX:Transcoder

from their site:

There are also AddIns available, which extends the Transcoder to handle the formats AAC, M4A, M4P4, LA, LPAC, WMA, TTA, OptimFrog, WavPack, FLAC, rkAudio, Real Audio, Speex, Bonk Audio and Shorten.
An installed WMA codec is necessary around WMA with the current and also the last version to De- or Encode. Please make sure that WMA 9 is supported only as of the Windows version 98 SE. We will deliver a new WMA AddIn in one of the next releases which wasn't made based on WMA9 but WMA7 and WMA9 any more.
The Transcoder is not able DRM protected files to transcodieren fundamental, (digital Right management). E.g. this concerns WMA files from many online music shops or also iTunes AAC files. In future, this feature program isn't implemented, too, since it is forbidden according to German law.

FAQs

HTH!

GX:Transcoder

from their site:

There are also AddIns available, which extends the Transcoder to handle the formats AAC, M4A, M4P4, LA, LPAC, WMA, TTA, OptimFrog, WavPack, FLAC, rkAudio, Real Audio, Speex, Bonk Audio and Shorten.
An installed WMA codec is necessary around WMA with the current and also the last version to De- or Encode. Please make sure that WMA 9 is supported only as of the Windows version 98 SE. We will deliver a new WMA AddIn in one of the next releases which wasn't made based on WMA9 but WMA7 and WMA9 any more.
The Transcoder is not able DRM protected files to transcodieren fundamental, (digital Right management). E.g. this concerns WMA files from many online music shops or also iTunes AAC files. In future, this feature program isn't implemented, too, since it is forbidden according to German law.

FAQs

HTH!

Maybe offtopic - but I can't stop laughing about the silly english your quotes are in that's really hilarious - LOLOLOL ... ! :lol::lol::lol:

Just wanted to say, that I out of curiosity tried this program, and it does the job just beautifully – though a bit slow.

Nice interface, and the latest version does not required install of extra codec’s.

Kind Regards.

Martin Andersen