just a few comments, "Why Google Scares Bill Gates" _

http://www.fortune.com/fortune/technology/...50065-1,00.html

the way i see it.

people like typing google into their browsers,

lets face it.

google owns online search

microsoft owns desktops

period.

since google's deskbar > i dont even load my browser anymore.

microsoft need to swollow their pride and incorporate a google type

desktop (taskbar/web) search in their next operating system.

anyway,

i have to cut this short.. as im running late for a meetin.

[ will post more latr. ]

J

If google made their operating system free they'd be throwing away multi-billions.

Plus it'd be stupid IMHO for Google to make an operating system.

Apple, Unix, and Microsoft built the operating systems they have now off of every other operating system they made since the 1980s.

If Google were smart they would make a deal with Microsoft and help Microsoft make a better operating system.

But then Google would either automatically become Black Hat because people hate Microsoft.

Heres what every corporation, even Google is about. Getting on your good side and then stealing your money.

Google has been pullting a BS scheme where they make free applications but those applications can be easily used as spyware. The thing is since it's in the source of the applications no anti-adware applications would see it as a harm.

Google desktop search can easily be used to see what files you have, like what music you listen too, what food you like, your intrests.

Google Web Accelator literally takes copies of websites you go to (even control panels and stuff) and caches them. What better way to find out what people think is popular and help Google find a way to get a deal with the popular thing and get cash.

Gmail can beused to keep a record of your email. It could easily be looked at by Google and give write a deal with a company that fits your intrests.

Basically what I'm saying is, Google is making backdoor deals with companies to get tons of money because they track what the public likes with their free applications.

This is just a personal theory but who knows, how did Google get enough to pay for 250,000 servers and over 1 PetaByte of data storage?

Just to give you an idea of how much space Google has just for Gmail, lets say there are 1,000,000 gmail users. They each get 2.5gb. That's 1mil times 2.5 so 1,000,000*2.5. That equils 2,500,000 of course. But when you convert 1 million gigabytes to a bigger standard you get 2,500 Terrabytes.

A Terrabyte is 1000 gigabytes. So that means that You have 2,500 Terrabytes, so what do we goto? We go to Petabytes. So that would be 2.5 Petabytes. Saying that only 1 million users have gmail is under estimating. Google could easily have 10 Petabytes. And with Infinity+1 it'll soon be up to 3gb per account. So then we'd have well over 2.5 Petabytes. So unless Google is not really giving that much space unless needed they have to be making deals we don't know about.

Edit: I accedently put web browser instead of operating system.

Edited by Floydian

how do you secure backup for 10pB ? :(

here's my thoughts_

> high bandwidth +

> yahoo +

> google = ? big boom of 2014 ( c, museum of media history -swf )

seems inevitable.

think what microsoft is scared of is,

yahoo + google + allinterestedparties getting their stake in microsoft

not to take over the empire, but in realizing

that microsoft's got the bucks and determination to be..

and align themselves as number1 carrier of their technology.

as a merge of these 3 companies seems almost, certain.

however microsoft being the odd one out,

still thinks it can re-invent the wheel > trying to match all that google/yahoo

has achieved [ traffic / interest ]. which to them is all that it is, traffic & interest.

mobile " high bandwidth " computing ( to the masses )

seems not so distant at the moment.

lets not forget, there's alot of really smart people out there.

B)

HEY THIS IS MA SECOND POST !!!

Jason_ Cape town, South Africa.

yes google probebly could make there os, that bill gates will be out of a buisness :lol: Lanurg is freespeach you know god made that :thumbup hach yeah

you know nuhi could also have alot more features ever if google had a os

Edited by kurt476

who want's too go with google now sence that is happening? i feel like i want too do that with google myself :lol: bill gates is not a sharer for software for some reason if he was he probebly could put windows a freeware instead of shareware. what i love about google is that they have more ideas ate least they wont sell ppls ideas. ppl can give google many more features oh yeah i really would love a freeware google os now

"Goodows",,,how's that for a monicre (name)?

I've always liked 'Google' as a superior Search Engine, but I'm leery of all the other Stuff like Search Bars, gmail, etc.

Typically, anything with the name Search or Bar in it, is usually Spyware.

i.e., Hot Bar, My Search Bar, CoolWebSearch, etc., etc.

We really need to be concerned about 'Giving Away' too much of our personal info and allowing too much access to our computers by outside sources and programs.

Once you open yourself up to any company like Google.....you're "giving away the farm" :}

Compute SAFE!

:w00t:

I don't know why people are making such a big fuss about Google. Is it because it's the new stock market darling? Last I checked, Yahoo is number 1, MSN ranked 2nd and Google only managed 3rd. And there's a new SE coming out which I found quite cool cos it has this little screenshots of your search result - beta.previewseek.com