XPize 4 MCE BETA 1

XPero

hallo xpero

note:

the "about windows" screnn in the programs is not stored in MSGINA.DLL.

MSGINA is only used for logon and logoff

so i think the other one is in SHELL32.DLL - so have a look too

thanks

i try it out today *gg*

yergling

While I haven't installed this pack because I don't have a handy test box, I'm extremely excited about this project. I'll have to wait until some of you guys test it out before I feel safe of applying it to my home install as I can't risk downtime.

I would LOVE it if you guys posted a couple screen shots, especially if you had a before/after cut (I'm a photoshop monkey if you guys want to email the screenshot to be stitched).

XPize, please post screenshots, it's the best way to sell your app (considering it's purpose is purely cosmetic).

Big thanks for thinknig about this, while it always bugged me there was fair amount of legacy cosmetics in XP and I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought these little tidbits needed a visual upgrade.

Edited by Rhelic

everythign here is 100% stable from what ive seen apart from the timezone bmp being messed up but thats being fixed. you should install it :)

http://www.ukcable.net/images/xpize.png

there is a screenshot of a few things from xpize in a screenshot i made

and there is another with some file type icons and the settings dialog in another topic xpero made

Thanks XPero, this project is great!

Sorry, I don't like your batmeter, it's not easy with only 16 colors. But I modified the original windows batmeter so it looks a little bit better. The changes are not as drastic as yours, it's only a symplified version. For those who are interested:

300.bmp

301.bmp

XPero, I was wondering if you thought about patching the files to support the higher bit depth. I know that on some other forums I've seen people succesfully patch the files to allow for higher bit depth icons. Of course some of this was done on 2k and just updated to 256color but that's better than nothing.

Wayne

XPero, I was wondering if you thought about patching the files to support the higher bit depth. I know that on some other forums I've seen people succesfully patch the files to allow for higher bit depth icons. Of course some of this was done on 2k and just updated to 256color but that's better than nothing.

Wayne

Can you please explain yourself better? does exist a better bit depth that 32-bit with alpha channel?

EDIT: oh, you're referring to the battery icons for example, arent you?

Edited by XPero

yes i remember

i also had seen a system a while ago where the old files of a windows 2k are spinned around

but this was before i build my own unattended cds - so if i see the user of this system again i will ask something like "how did you get managed to get better icons???"

i will do a bit of research, maybe i find something out

yergling

Hey,

I love this shell pack BUT please I'm begging you Make a nicer Logon that will blend in with MCE theme (could you please enable text ? I'd like to know what windows is doing hehe) Oh and once again I love this pack (is there anyway you could take the default windows logon & change the colours to match maybe like the blue on the logo off screen ??) I want something that matches the Royal Theme.

-Romeo

post-52971-1121466260_thumb.jpg

post-52971-1121466269_thumb.jpg