MSFN Unattended XP Site

Oh yes....

who wants to voluteer to enter stuff into the new DB that should be close to completion in the coming week or so? This will include AppSwitches and Registry Tweaks.

Ohh that sound cool. well i wouldnt use me as a tester if i where you but maby give a hint on how BIG, LARGE, FAT, HUGE!!!! theese Database´s will be???

curious! thanx for a grat job by the way :thumbup:thumbup

Surprisingly few volunteers :) I can help with the tweaks, if needed. I'd take them from the attached file in the sticky thread in this forum :)

And I'd like to know how quickly you need to fill up the DB. I don't have much free time, maybe an hour a day. So I'll step out if more dedicated members show up in this thread.

I also prefer no frames.

I'd have some time after next week if it's not too late and if you give more details what exactly is involved in entering the reg tweaks. If it's only copying the posted tweaks from the sticky threads it seems to be somewhat unnecessary duplication of resources.

Coming back to qchain, in the spirit of keeping things simple and avoiding the unnecessary in the process of making an uA, it'd not be inaapropriate just to add a comment that qchain is not needed post-SP2. It's also factually correct. And perhaps a comment on the merits of using different methods - integrate/svcpack/nLite/XPCreate etc.

I've not found a way to add page numbers in Acrobat Reader.

If it's only copying the posted tweaks from the sticky threads it seems to be somewhat unnecessary duplication of resources.

That's basically what it is. It's a duplication at first, however, once everything is in, there will be NO sticky. The problem with the massive registry tweak file is that it's so large and the comments are intermingled with the actual tweaks. The DB will list all tweaks based on the title given, and allow for selection and compile them in a custom registry file.

Concerning the merits...you mean this? http://unattended.msfn.org/beginner/hotfix/intro.htm

I think the reg tweaks need to be tidied up or clarified before entering to the DB. Do you wish all the tweaks - including the "Unsorted and Untested" to be entered?

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=343801

Yes, I mean that page on the merits. Perhaps a brief update to the comments is needed (there were some discussions about the integrate method giving errors, and any significant problems using other methods that might have been raised).

Yes, I mean that page on the merits. Perhaps a brief update to the comments is needed (there were some discussions about the integrate method giving errors, and any significant problems using other methods that might have been raised)

You still haven't told me what you want, and as i said in a previous post in this very thread, if you reference a topic, please link to it so i can read it as well. Define merits, tell me EXACTLY what you want. If you don't nothing will be changed in this matter.

• 2 weeks later...

In the office slipstreaming section (and everywhere else on msfn), the links should point to the download page, with the drop down menu to select language, instead of directly to the different service packs. The link is "coded" to a specific place and we can't just change ENU for FRA to get the download. It would be so much time saving to simply get to choose. Thanks

Oh and at some point in the middle of the page it says (click here for cd 2-5) and, well, this is not a link.

Great work btw this unattended site is a goldmine

Also, in project line to slipstream sp1, should read

msiexec /p C:\Project2003SP1\Project2003-KB837240-FullFile-ENU.msp /a C:\Project2003\PRJPROE.MSI SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /[b][color=red]q[/color][/b]b
Edited by Thauzar