Mindows Project

Aegis

In regards to my post ealier about the folder issue, it has nothing to do with .CPL files... Just for provings sake, I removed all .CPL files, and there was still the 'folder' folder in the control panel, which means that printers and faxes are NOT linked to any .cpl file... PLUS it does not remove the start menu item of printers and faxes (not the control panel)... I guess I'll just have to live with it

undeadsoldier, "Printer & Faxes" is a "NameSpace".

Take a look there in the registry :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel\NameSpace

I have a subkey named "Printers" (it can be anything else : look for the "Name" value), if I remove it, the icon "Printer & Faxes" is removed from Control Panel.

There are "NameSpace" keys for many other folders, I let you find them ;)

bye

I forgot to mention, nvidiabeta.zip is only for those who has an Nvidia GFX card and the driver installed. To use it, download mindows.zip and replace the file in mindows.zip with nvidiabeta.zip. Also the file in nvidiabeta.zip results in a much more optimized version of Windows :D.

You could also do this using a bartpe/winpe disk and only having one partion to install to. Anyone modified this for use on a laptop yet?

Wayne

I haven't tried it on those platforms, but if they offer copy/move operations and running batch files, then I see no reason why it shouldn't.