Mindows Project

Aegis

sorry to say this gamehead, but that commit change is worse than an nlited xp, with 16 bit color vs 32bit color and a little bit of changes to services.msc

with themes on, well atleast thats what i found with the last nlite i just did, i guess using minlogon, could of saved me 1mb mabye 2 tops

:-( , which would be 27MB commit change

Edited by gdogg

sorry to say this gamehead, but that commit change is worse than an nlited xp, with 16 bit color vs 32bit color and a little bit of changes to services.msc

with themes on, well atleast thats what i found with the last nlite i just did, i guess using minlogon, could of saved me 1mb mabye 2 tops

:-( , which would be 27MB commit change

Guess what, I'm using Minlogon and have reduced the system32 folder to 40 megs... So I don't see why it wouldn't have changed...

BTW, that's Windows Server 2003, not XP! ;)

I still don't get why Server 2003 uses more commit charges than XP. Anyone know?

Possible because of the way the internel code works, because XP is workstation based and 2003 is server based, its code (or maybe its kernal structure) is completey different to handle memory ?

At the moment, I'm currently removing all elements of windows besides video and sound (since I need sound for Winamp to function), if people could list their entire windows directory listing it could help me achieve my goal :thumbup

Thanks in advance !

The kernels aren't different. Server 2003 and XP share the same code base. And it can't be the server or workstation problem either, because I got Server 2003 to think it's a workstation. BTW I think I remember someone mention 16 colors only...

EDIT: Screenshot moved to first page.

Edited by Aegis

Hmmm.... Does anybody know how to remove the "Printers and Faxes" menu option in the startmenu and in the control panel? Aswell as the Network Places?... I have kinda removed them but they leave a "folder" icon...

Hmmm.... Does anybody know how to remove the "Printers and Faxes" menu option in the startmenu and in the control panel? Aswell as the Network Places?... I have kinda removed them but they leave a "folder" icon...

Right-click on somewhere in the start menu and choose the settings there... :)

Have you set 2003s file caching behaviour to XP-style? Size=1 uses 10Mbyte less memory compared to Size=2 in my install. I have no idea what's the default setting, but for Win2k3 I suspect it to be at least 2 if not 3...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters]

"Size"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]

"LargeSystemCache"=dword:00000000