MSN Messenger 7.0

MtK

i dunno i bet that date will get pushed back, they kept pushing the last version back further and further , that date just seems alittle to close for a program so flaky,, dont get me wrong im using it now and i like it, but it does have alot of work that needs to be redone on it,

Yeah, I tried the beta of MSN7 and by golly! using an astounding 43MB of 512MB of RAM (at the time) for simple chatting! If that's what the final release is going to be like, I just might roll back to the much stripped down Windows Messenger... only 9 MB while logged in.

Yeah, I tried the beta of MSN7 and by golly! using an astounding 43MB of 512MB of RAM (at the time) for simple chatting! If that's what the final release is going to be like, I just might roll back to the much stripped down Windows Messenger... only 9 MB while logged in.

Yeah but won't you be missing the awesome buzzer and winks features!! :}

Yeah but won't you be missing the awesome buzzer and winks features!! :}

Not if I'll have to upgrade my PC for that... :P

actually the winks and the buzzer is a flaw in my eyes it can be used for various attacks and i would suggest disabling them but then again thats just my point of view :)

and besides that, they can get annoying if the wrong person used them lol

If you have no chat windows open then it´s "only" 12MB ;).

If you have no chat windows open then it´s "only" 12MB ;).

12 MB just to keep it running...!

Well Vesion 6 is 4MB on idle...

mine is 18000kb with only the main window opened (msg plus and 25% transparent).

it's a great amount of memory only for keeping an IM online. great features but if final goes similar, then i'll search for an alternative like trillian (i personally hated trillian2).