MSN Messenger 7.0

MtK

mine is 18000kb with only the main window opened (msg plus and 25% transparent).

I am not sure if you know this or not, but msg plus will be removing the "remove banner" feature. I only used it for that and the logging (I used it before msn had its own logging feature).

If you only use it for the banner and chat logging, then make sure you don't upgrade to the new version that will be coming out or find another patch to remove the banners (adds).

]Bonkers[

plus! will also include a new feature, something like "sound avatars". will let you share sounds up to 10sec.

i usually patch the main .exe so i don't need of msg plus! but it has a couple of features like color tags and irc similar commands that i find really useful.

Well, if messenger 7.0 is going to be released on feb 30... :lol:

I'll move to trillian completely. The recent v3 is very good, supporting almost all native functions! More importantly, replace four IM apps with one saves in a lot of ways. :yes:

Miranda is another great IM app. It can be configured to be used as a stand-alone app, so you can run it from a USB key or the like. It only takes up 10MB of RAM when running and has tons of plugins that you can configure to your liking. :thumbup

I just gave it a whirl tonight, and within about 20 mins I had it looking really nice to my liking. Good so far!

mine is 18000kb with only the main window opened (msg plus and 25% transparent).

Tranparency will add a considerable amount of mem usage for any program.

Otherwise, Trillian is the best on the market. Less memory intensive and consolodates all channels.