Removing Internet Explorer

dorguy

Yeah i also want to remove IE but i don't know how. (now using FIREFOX much better)

I could delete it from Hard Disk but....

The IE (internet Explorer) has deep "roots" in the registry and it would be impossible to remove it without a proper program.

Please if anyone know how please tell us....

Thnx

hi

I just  install Firefox 1.0. I need to know if i can remove completely Internet Explorer from my system or if i can disable it to prevent it to open again.

Thanks for the help

A Newbie..  ;)

You can remove IE using nLite or disable it in Add/Remove Programs->

Set Program Access and Defaults

There are a lot of ways of doing this. If you search in google.com you will find a lot of info on this.

NOTE: If you remove internet explorer from you computer you will no longer be able to use the Windows Update feature, but you can download the patches individually. Windows update does not work from within firefox.

There are a lot of ways of doing this.  If you search in google.com you will find a lot of info on this.

NOTE:  If you remove internet explorer from you computer you will no longer be able to use the Windows Update feature, but you can download the patches individually.  Windows update does not work from within firefox.

Yes, they can. There are several "alternative" methods to using Windows Updates without IE. And the truest way of removing IE at this point is using nLite. :thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

If you're running SP1 you can use Daisy http://vtmig.w2k.vt.edu/. If you're using SP2, there's one other method but I forget. Sorry. If you nLite your system and integrate SP2 with it, there really isn't much left to update, especially if you remove IE.

Ok, so for Windows updates, we have:

Daisy

Slavlik

BigFix

I wouldn't use XPLite as my loyalties remain (and always shall) with nLite. Installing an nLited OS and not having any trace of IE is great. But of course it isn't yet able to fully disintegrate IE from XP. I don't know if this will ever be done, but still hoping!

I have used nLite to remove IE, but I leave the IE core as you could appreciate a lot of stuff relies on it.

Whilst I have only been testing this on a virtual machine, I have configured my system so that it automatically get Windows updates. So windows still gets updates.