Programs that don't need to be installed

Afterdawn

Some quality appz surfacing here lately, i am still updating stand x, even though its been a while :P actualy i`m about ready to upload a new layout. I just need a nav bar, thats the only thing stoping me now.

I`ve tried xara, Selteco Menu Maker, Coffecup DHTML menu maker, AllWebMenus Lite and Xtreeme DHTML Menu Studio. none of them are suitable for one reason or another.

If anyone knows a good navbar program plz let me know, i need it to support firefox and submenus.

I realy need your help with this, i`ve spent hours trying to sort this out, its driving me :crazy:

Hello durex, after hours of googleing, i had found the appz i had listed in my last post and a lot of javascript menu`s, so i posted here for help because i don`t know java script and wanted a progy to do all that for me, anyway thanxs for you sudgestions and after lots more googleing i think i have found a good app to put my menu together. i have uploaded the new layout, nothing special but its a start, and after the menu is sorted i will start on adding the many new appz i have waiting to be added.

If anyone has any thoughts on the site, comments, sudgestions, i want to here them, after all i am putting the site together for you as much as myself. Anyway have a look and enjoy.

I was very angry because I had no standalone manager. I had use flashget and dap but both contain Spyware. So I Request to the software co at leechget to make their application standalone. Waiting for answer. In the mean time I got an idea Why not use software as standalone by automaticly adding registy before starting application ?

It worked.

1) download ans install leechget, great dl manager freeware

2) set your option and preferences

3) export your HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Cronosoft

to options.reg (place the file in d:\standx\leechget for example)

4)create a batch file

juste paste the following and save as leechget.bat

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ECHO OFF

REGEDIT /S options.reg

LeechGet.exe

EXIT

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

use the leechget.bat executive to star you program ! ( if like me you use shortcut, refer to this one.)

Work Perfectly.

This method should be great for many others applications... :thumbup

Now seeking for a portable anti-virus. Please Help...

Here are a couple good ones...

http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_cleaner.html

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

and in regards to the registry suggestion.. the only problem with that is that since usb keys are typically used with multiple systems, theres no guarantee as to what drive letter it will be assigned to. plus if the system already has the application installed, it would screw up its settings. other than these couple things i suppose it could do the trick!

Now seeking for a portable anti-virus. Please Help...

Nod32 can be made to be portable, u only need nod32.exe the refrence files & 2 dlls, works flawlessly, but it can only be used as an ondemand scanner then

Ok good point, but I dont use usb key !

even so cdrom drives are the same deal... you never know the exact drive letter youre gonna be running it on. and screwing up progs that are already installed on the system still applies.

but hey.. if it works for ya.. great! :thumbup

@MCT Wow, I only need ondemand scanner. But wich version do you download xp or 98 ?

@durex I dont know how you use standalone application in my case all my software are permanently on my d: partition. That way if I resinstall windows xp I dont need to reinstall progz. Second, my c: drive is only 500 meg... ITs quick to defrag and clone.