WMP10 Slipstreamer Version 1.1

Just thought I'd mention that the step where you delete the file is absolutely unnecessary... if you remove that step out of your batchfile the result will still be exactly the same. :)

How so would that be unnecessary? It saves space!

EDIT: you ARE talking about the step where the batch file removes the unnecessary files, aren't you?

Yes, I'm talking about the step where the batch file removes unnecessary files

CLS
TITLE 2/%TotalSteps% Deleting unnecessary files...
ECHO.
ECHO.
ECHO.
ECHO 2/%TotalSteps% Deleting unnecessary files...
ECHO.
ECHO.
DEL /F /S /Q %P%\audiodev.dll %P%\syncpl??.wpl %P%\drmupgds.exe %P%\wpd*.* %P%\wmpe*.* %P%\wmdrm*.dll %P%\msoobci.dll %P%\uWDF.exe %P%\wdf*.* %P%\wmlaunch.exe %P%\wmpsrcwp.dll %P%\wmsetsdk.exe %P%\wmvadv*.dll
DEL /F /S /Q %P%\*.acm %P%\*.cat %P%\*.chm %P%\*.inf %P%\*.png %P%\*.txt %P%\*.wmz  %P%\*.xml
ECHO.
ECHO Complete!
ECHO.
PAUSE

You see, you're deleting files from the TEMPORARY directory which are going to be removed after the compression with makecab ANYWAY. None of the lines with makecab include any sort of wild card, so no other files other then the ones you specified for compression will be found in the i386 directory that is left at the end.

Just thought I'd mention that the step where you delete the file is absolutely unnecessary... if you remove that step out of your batchfile the result will still be exactly the same. :)

How so would that be unnecessary? It saves space!

EDIT: you ARE talking about the step where the batch file removes the unnecessary files, aren't you?

Yes, I'm talking about the step where the batch file removes unnecessary files

CLS
TITLE 2/%TotalSteps% Deleting unnecessary files...
ECHO.
ECHO.
ECHO.
ECHO 2/%TotalSteps% Deleting unnecessary files...
ECHO.
ECHO.
DEL /F /S /Q %P%\audiodev.dll %P%\syncpl??.wpl %P%\drmupgds.exe %P%\wpd*.* %P%\wmpe*.* %P%\wmdrm*.dll %P%\msoobci.dll %P%\uWDF.exe %P%\wdf*.* %P%\wmlaunch.exe %P%\wmpsrcwp.dll %P%\wmsetsdk.exe %P%\wmvadv*.dll
DEL /F /S /Q %P%\*.acm %P%\*.cat %P%\*.chm %P%\*.inf %P%\*.png %P%\*.txt %P%\*.wmz  %P%\*.xml
ECHO.
ECHO Complete!
ECHO.
PAUSE

You see, you're deleting files from the TEMPORARY directory which are going to be removed after the compression with makecab ANYWAY. None of the lines with makecab include any sort of wild card, so no other files other then the ones you specified for compression will be found in the i386 directory that is left at the end.

Was away this afternoon, and kept thinking about this post of yours. And finally I understood! You're totally right! I'll fix it right away.

@kelsenellenelvian: thanks, will edit the webpage.

in phase 3 where you are compressing the files, try this:

for %f in (*.*) do makecab /D CompressionType=LZX /D CompressionMemory=21 /L %f %out%\%f

ren %out%\*.* *.??_

It compresses the files, but it keeps the original file name... the ren statement replaces the last char with the _

for %f in (*.*) do makecab /D CompressionType=LZX /D CompressionMemory=21 /L %f %out%\%f

ren %out%\*.* *.??_

It compresses the files, but it keeps the original file name... the ren statement replaces the last char with the _

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been looking for a code like that for a while now (no, I'm definetely not a expert in batch coding)

But fact is... I've removed the filedeleting part.... So I can't use this code anymore... But I can use it in the DriverPacks batch files :)

Thanks again!

This might be a stupid question, but will all the functionality of MP10 be included with this  method?

No, not all functionality is included. As I've mentioned in my first post, I've based this batch file on the info provided by Obliviator.

Here you can find the things that aren't included: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=35042&st=0

This might be a stupid question, but will all the functionality of MP10 be included with this  method?

So these features are not included:

MPEG Audio Layer-3

DRM Features

Portable Media Devices Support

Out of Band Component Installer

User Mode Driver-related files

Additional Encoding and Decoding files

WPD Objects?

MTP Protocol

Additional USB Device Support

Online Stores

I am fine with this as long as a reinstallation of Windows Media Player 10 will add these features. :unsure:

eh?

Why would you want to slip-stream it and then re-install it again? You need to choose whether those features are wanted by you or not. If you want it, don't slip-stream (use normal installer).

@Bâshrat the Sneaky

I think you also need to have this key entered into your hives somehow, if you want to disable the "first-time run" dialogs of WMP10.

;Media Player License Autoaccept
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsMediaPlayer]
"GroupPrivacyAcceptance"=dword:00000001

eh?

Why would you want to slip-stream it and then re-install it again?  You need to choose whether those features are wanted by you or not. If you want it, don't slip-stream (use normal installer).

You mis-judged me prathapml. :) I meant to re-install when the user needs those features someday.

ren %out%\*.* *.??_

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been looking for a code like that for a while now (no, I'm definetely not a expert in batch coding)

But fact is... I've removed the filedeleting part.... So I can't use this code anymore... But I can use it in the DriverPacks batch files :)

Thanks again!

:lol:, I've been using code like that since I first created my update pack 3 months ago :lol:. Here's what I use. This doesn't require a rename command.

rem Compressing Files
for /f %%i in ('dir Compress /b') do makecab /D CompressionType=LZX /D CompressionMemory=21 Compress\%%i
del compress\*.* /q /f

You're proficient enough with batch files that you can probably modify it to better fit your needs (this one looks for files in a compress directory and woks with them there).