Acrobat reader strikes again...

Radimus

Incroyable HULK>

try with this:

RunOnceEx.cmd method

REG ADD %KEY%\zz01 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Applications\AdobeReader\AdobeReader6.exe /s /v\"/qn\"" /f

but as pinout said:

But the problem I seem to have with this method is that the START command does indeed wait for the AdbeRdr70_enu.exe process to finish, but when its done it passes the rest of the install onto msiexec.exe - so it doesn't really wait for the complete install before moving onto the rest of my commands.. like removing the 'Adobe Reader 7.0.lnk' from the Desktop.

Any ideas? and please dont suggest using a sleep command for x numbers of seconds, thats a dirty and inaccurate method.

Here are some helpful registry keys I pulled out of the 7.0 MSI:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\7.0\FeatureLockdown]

"bEFIPrintMe"=dword:00000000

"bPurchaseAcro"=dword:00000000

"bShowEbookMenu"=dword:00000000

"bUpdater"=dword:00000000

"bShowAdsAllow"=dword:00000000

Meanings:

"bEFIPrintMe"= Remove the "PrintMe Internet Printing" menu item on File menu.

"bPurchaseAcro"= DISABLE (NOT remove) the "Purchase Adobe Acrobat" menu item under Help menu.

"bShowEbookMenu"= Remove the "Digital Editions" menu item on File menu.

(This can also be done by disabling the entire eBookEBXPlugin Feature).

"bUpdater"= Remove the "Check for updates now..." menu item under Help menu.

"bShowAdsAllow"= Remove the Ad box.

And there are a ton more. Check under the "EnterpriseRegistry" table of the MSI.

Ok so I got the 7.0 Basic, extracted the MSI and CAB file, used this switch and it installed silently:

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Adobe Reader 7.0 Basic" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\Adobe\AdobeReader7.msi TRANSFORMS=Adobe_Reader_7.0.mst /qb-" /f

I used the MST posted but I DO see a Yahoo "Search the Internet" Button, the regtweak below hides it, but after closing and reopening a few times it reappeared. Can the Yahoo Seach NOT be installed?

Also how are people creating MST files for these? Pardon me but I only know how to do that with Office?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;Adobe Reader 7 - Hide Yahoo Search Button
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\7.0\AVGeneral\cToolbars\cWebSearchView\cPositions\cInternal]
"bHidden"=dword:00000001
"iDockPosition"=dword:00000000
"iLayout"=dword:00000000
"iOffset"=dword:00000000
"iOrder"=dword:00000000
"iStack"=dword:00000000
"bWindowHidden"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\7.0\FeatureLockdown]
; "bEFIPrintMe"= Remove the "PrintMe Internet Printing" menu item on File menu.
"bEFIPrintMe"=dword:00000000
; "bPurchaseAcro"= DISABLE (NOT remove) the "Purchase Adobe Acrobat" menu item under Help menu.
"bPurchaseAcro"=dword:00000000
; "bShowEbookMenu"= Remove the "Digital Editions" menu item on File menu.
"bShowEbookMenu"=dword:00000000
; "bUpdater"= Remove the "Check for updates now..." menu item under Help menu.
"bUpdater"=dword:00000000
; "bShowAdsAllow"= Remove the Ad box.
"bShowAdsAllow"=dword:00000000

[EDIT]

@Joe User 99 Thanks! The "Remove Ad Box tweak seems to get rid of it, Thanks. :thumbup

Incroyable HULK>

try with this:

RunOnceEx.cmd method

REG ADD %KEY%\zz01 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Applications\AdobeReader\AdobeReader6.exe /s /v\"/qn\"" /f

but as pinout said:

But the problem I seem to have with this method is that the START command does indeed wait for the AdbeRdr70_enu.exe process to finish, but when its done it passes the rest of the install onto msiexec.exe - so it doesn't really wait for the complete install before moving onto the rest of my commands.. like removing the 'Adobe Reader 7.0.lnk' from the Desktop.

Any ideas? and please dont suggest using a sleep command for x numbers of seconds, thats a dirty and inaccurate method.

@titou2k

IT WORKS!!! :thumbup BUT when the decompression is finished and Acrobat Reader is Starting to install, RunOnceEx is moving to the next line just like you mentionned...

I should point out that my installer's MSI is hacked by default to include most of the registry tweaks described in this thread. My suggestion would be to install it and see if there's any that you like which aren't in mine and add them as needed.

EDIT: Sorry about the Engrish

What I need is the ability to launch a "regular" installation as well as a silent installation from the SAME installer... :}

From what I've seen so far, it must be decompiled and then you have to rebuild the exe to make the silent install work properly... and I wouldn't be able to launch a normal installation from that package

Any suggestion?

Besides making an administrative install point and directly calling the MSI file, I don't think what you want to do is possible as it stands right now. Of course, the disadvantage to that way is that you'd lose all the compression.

I'm hoping Igor will eventually implement the ability to directly execute MSI files with his 7zip SFX installers. If that were possible, you could config it to just call the MSI (a "normal" install) and then you could add switches to the end of the exe call, which would be passed to the MSI (which is the current default behavior). Unfortunately, the way we have to do it now, passing down switches won't work since startx.exe is the actual program being called.