Acrobat reader strikes again...

Radimus

Well I am having this problem:

adobe4ml.png

So I installed Adobe Reader 6 and 7 Beta and Adobe 6.0 Pro.

So I used registry cleaners to try and fix and no luck. Removed all entires from registry and still no luck.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also here is the registry tweaks I used.

Anyone have anymore?

Also here is the DeleteWisptis registry files for those who need it. And the batch file to move the unneed Plugins into the optional folder.

hmm.. I like my method (FOR %%x IN (AdbeRdr*_enu.exe) DO START "" /WAIT "%%x" /s /v/qn) because all I have to do is drop the ORIGINAL installer executable into the directory and not have to modify any files or copy over the MSI and whatnot.. I like doing everything from original files :) Plus when a new version comes out I can just drop it in the directory and not modify anything else.

But the problem I seem to have with this method is that the START command does indeed wait for the AdbeRdr70_enu.exe process to finish, but when its done it passes the rest of the install onto msiexec.exe - so it doesn't really wait for the complete install before moving onto the rest of my commands.. like removing the 'Adobe Reader 7.0.lnk' from the Desktop.

Any ideas? and please dont suggest using a sleep command for x numbers of seconds, thats a dirty and inaccurate method :)

Is it possible to perform an Administrative installation via command-line from the AdbeRdr70_enu.exe file? So I could create an admin install point and then install the MSI from there?

But it in a batch file or .cmd file. Then it wont continue untill the batch or .cmd file is done. :)

For example:

Install.cmd:

ECHO Installing Adobe Reader 7.0
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Adobe7.cmd
ECHO.

Adobe7.cmd

@echo off

ConsoleTool /HIDE

start /wait msiexec /i "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\AdobeReader7\AdobeReader7.msi" EULA_ACCEPT=YES /qn REBOOT=Suppress /norestart

EXIT

Well I finally got the crap to work. Darn start menu entry is stupid. Keeps wanting to reinstall. So figured just delete it and run. Nope wanted to keep reinstalling and I would point it to the correct file and it says its invalid. So I figured it out. Just deleted all shortcuts and made a new one pointing right to the .exe install and it works perfectly.

i don't see why ppl still use cmd files for there main gui :P use xplode or wpi :P

Cause I don't have enough time and I know cmd by heart. ;)

Anyways found the yahoo reg one.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\7.0\AVGeneral\cToolbars\cWebSearchView\cPositions\cInternal]
"bHidden"=dword:00000001
"iDockPosition"=dword:00000000
"iLayout"=dword:00000000
"iOffset"=dword:00000000
"iOrder"=dword:00000000
"iStack"=dword:00000000
"bWindowHidden"=dword:00000000

Now looking to remove help. Anyone know?

@DigeratiPrime

only need msi and cab to install

As you noticed on download, you have no Yahoo thingy (i maybe wrong), so no special switches needed.

If your on XPSP2, you are using WindowsInstallerv3, so only switches needed are /quiet (no progress bar) /norestart (obvious)

@war59312

Why you using v6 Pro and v7 Reader? that to me is gonna cause a mess and would explain the error you got.

Here's my unattend command:

AR70.msi TRANSFORMS=ar70.mst /passive /norestart

applied using the extracted msi/data1.cab from the Basic Adobe Reader 7 and the afore mentioned Transform mst file earlier in this Topic.

Note that the /passive switch requires v3 windows installer (as in XPSP2)