The perfect machine

redder

For you what would be the perfect computer in terms of hardware and software available (not fantasy stuff lol).

I have on my mind the notion of two perfect machines, let me share them with ya:

(Computer for Internet use and work, not heavy stuff)

486DX4@100

64MB RAM

PCI 3D SVGA Card

SB PRO

CD-Player 52x

Ethernet Card linked to a cable modem!

Windows 95 (without IE integrated)

(GAME COMPUTER heh heh)

AMD Athlon 64BIT 3700+ Processor

MSI K8N NEO PLATINUM NFORCE3 SK754

3GB RAM

GECUBE ATI RADEON X800XTP Platinum 256GDDR3 AGP VIVO

LG DVD+/-Rw 4160BBB DL

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Any case will do

Any keyboard and mouse will do

Any 17" monitor would do

IT IS A DREAM MACHINE lol

Now post your dream machines :thumbup

Oh boy! If you want to spend a bunch of money, here it is:

Lian-Li PC-6070a Case (silver)

Antec Phantom or Neo Power Supply

MSI nForce4 SLI Mobo

AMD Athlon FX55 Processor

Zalman CNPS7700-AlCu Processor Fan

4Go of DDR SDRAM with agressive timings

System SATA Raid 0 of Western Digital 74Go Raptor (148Go)

Backup SATA Raid 0 of Seagate NCQ 400Go (800Go)

Dual nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra PCI-Express

Creative SoundBlaster Audigy PCI

Dual Pioneer DVR-A08XL (Silver)

Dual Mitsumi 4-in-1 Floppy + Memory Card reader

Microsoft Windows XP x86 64-Bits Edition anyone?

Linux Systems

Samsung 243T Monitor or Dual L.G. L1780P

Logitech Dinovo Keyboard + Mouse

Logitech Z-5500 Speakers

Logitech QuickCam Orbit

Epson R480 Printer (for CD printing)

My system has a 21", used, monitor. I have my old 17" monitor next to it (different system). The 21" makes the 17" look absolutely puny. I'll leave the spec's on the guts of the tower to you but a large monitor is something that I think I would not like to do without. Used 21" monitors can be had for $180 American. 17" new are down to $70-$80 bucks.

Used 42" plasma, $1800. I wish.

A large screen isn't exacly my dream, why do you want one so big, is it games or image manipulation? I have a 14" and i already think its kinda big lol, i just wish it would work fine @1024 but it doesnt that well, 800x600 is the one i like so i dont bother with it, now that ive started to use Photoshop i can finally undestand why would anyone want a big resolution

I do minor CAD drawings in which it is nice to have a large screen and the use of images to show clients what we do and are capable of is nice to see on larger screens. I think that down the road there is going to be a lot more integration of home entertainment and computer systems, so watching t.v. is nicer on a large screen(and how many people here have set up a second, old system, to play music? I read one post of this here at msfn already). Gamers obviously would probably want larger screens with better resolution. For people who do a lot of work with computers and use multiple windows for different parts of their job, it can be handy having a large screen to have two or more windows visible at the same time and even a second monitor.

Besides, my eyes are starting to get weak. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :yes:

simple

amd64fx53

939mobo

4gig ram

3dlabs video card

4tb of scsi drive space

my 21" hitachi crt

4 terrabytes? How would you use so much space? I'm taking you seriously because all the rest is do-able and nice.

Backup SATA Raid 0 of Seagate NCQ 400Go (800Go)

:blink: are you paranoid???

Not paranoid, I like to have a fast system but also a Huge Storage System. With those raptors, you can't store that much files...

And don't worry about all this space on my drive. I keep ISO images of important Microsoft Volume Licence CD on my workstation. For now I have a 200Go hard drive and soon it won't be enought!

P.S. I LIKE IT QUIET TOO! I can't stand to listen to fast SCSI drive whinning all the time

Everyone point and Laugh at my machine...

Windows XP Home

eMachines T2341 (AMD AthlonXP 2400+ 1.9 ghz)

GeForce 4 MX440 :angry:

2 x 512mb DDR 2700

2 x 40 gig hard drives

1 CD 48X CD-Burner

4tb of scsi drive space

4 Terabytes?! that would be like 16 250gig hard drives.....

DL and Bi0haZarD i'm seriously thinking about doing it one of these days. that would solve any space problems i could ever have, and all i would have to worry about is upgrades on my mobo and cpu if ever wanted to upgrade them.

as you guy's all know space-speed and grfx card's are thing we all want to upgrade.

also the 4tb would not be brought all at once

right now the pc i'm using is ok

1.8p4@2.6

IS7-E

AMI MegaRAID 475 Express 500

36gigx2 scsi drive's in raid

quadro2 card

512mem

21"crt

so i have room to upgrade. still thinking about getting a 64bit rig that's on the back burner.

well seeing that there is no dream machine these days with 100mhz incrementals coming out on a daily basis i would upgrade my current t40 to a t43(coming out q1 05) yeah....i think thats it...oh and would def need a laptop hd capable of holding 1-2TB....yeah that would be good.....

DL and Bi0haZarD i'm seriously thinking about doing it one of these days. that would solve any space problems i could ever have, and all i would have to worry about is upgrades on my mobo and cpu if ever wanted to upgrade them.

as you guy's all know space-speed and grfx card's are thing we all want to upgrade.

also the 4tb would not be brought all at once

right now the pc i'm using is ok

1.8p4@2.6

IS7-E

AMI MegaRAID 475 Express 500

36gigx2 scsi drive's in raid

quadro2 card

512mem

21"crt

so i have room to upgrade. still thinking about getting a 64bit rig that's on the back burner.

Why wont you just get a macintosh with everything? lol