I just received this e-mail:

Official information to SunTrust Bank clients:

We recently reviewed your account, and suspect that your

Suntrust Internet Banking account may have been accessed

by an unauthorized third party.

Protecting the security of your account and of the Suntrust

network is our primary concern.

Therefore, as a preventative measure, we have temporarily

limited access to sensitive account features.

To restore your account access, please take the following steps

to ensure that your account has not been compromised:

1. Login to your Internet Banking account.

In case you are not enrolled for Internet Banking, you will have

to use your Social Security Number as both your Personal ID

and Password and fill in all the required information, including

your name and your account number.

2. Review your recent account history for any unauthorized

withdrawals or deposits, and check your account profile to

make sure not changes have been made. If any unauthorized

activity has taken place on your account, report this to Suntrust Bank

staff immediately.

To get started, please click the link below:

https://internetbanking.suntrust.com

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter and thank you for using SunTrust Bank!

© 2004 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved. Member FDIC

Do not reply to this e-mail as it is an unmonitored alias

I don't bank with them, and don't intend to (if they really exist)

So just another scam?? :realmad::realmad:

Word of advise to those of you who may well have one of these... Read it carefully, your own bank would NEVER ask for the details that this is asking for! and certainly not via e-mail!!!!!

Oh... and i like the "small print" at the end !

as if...................

EDIT:

Here is the specifics of the mail address:

Reply-To: "SunTrust Banks, Inc." <confirm@suntrust.com>

Your should go here:

http://www.suntrust.com/alert/index.asp

Note at the bottom THE MOST IMPORTANT PART

Many financial institutions and companies that conduct business on the Internet, including SunTrust, have become the target of fraudulent email and Web site scams. These scams are known as “phishes,” (pronounced “fishes”) and they attempt to illegally obtain clients' personal and account information.

To report a suspicious email, pop-up Web page or Web site, please forward information about it to abuse@suntrust.com. If you have provided personal or account information in response to a fraudulant email or Web site, fill out our Online Fraud Form or immediately contact SunTrust at 1-800-227-3782.

Learn more about:

* SunTrust's Client Commitment

* How to Identify Online Fraud

* Examples of Online Fraud

* How to Protect Yourself from Online Fraud

* Report Online Fraud

SunTrust's Client Commitment

SunTrust will never send emails asking for personal or account information, such as passwords, Social Security Numbers, PINs, credit or Check Card numbers, or other confidential information.

When I get spam and phishing, it's at work with an e-mail address I have had a long time. Somewhere along the line my e-mail address was picked up by spammers and is now on a list to get spam. I get anywhere from 12 to 30 a day. Most get filtered out by my ISP. The others I just dump.

@prathapml I read what you told the guy in the other thread. I agree with what you said and I don't see anything else he can do other than not open up that crap. On second thought, if he doesn't have a virus scanner and a firewall up he needs them. I can't imagine anyone who uses the internet anymore who would not have them though.

@Bi0haZarD There have been several scams out of Nigeria using e-mail and regular mail. One way or another they ask you to help them get money out of their country by setting up a bank account with your name and theirs on it and have you put in some honor money. Then bye-bye dinero. I have received two by mail and several by e-mail.

My exprience with Internet Banking is, no bank will do stuff over the net with their clients, they hardly do it over the phone, Whenever I have a problem they contact me by letter.

Online transactions? Paying bills online? Many banks offer those services...

@Bi0haZarD  There have been several scams out of Nigeria using e-mail and regular mail.  One way or another they ask you to help them get money out of their country by setting up a bank account with your name and theirs on it and have you put in some honor money.  Then bye-bye dinero.  I have received two by mail and several by e-mail.

Interesting to see this one is going around again - it was a big prob about five or six years ago and is supposed to have been closed down. It is the classic con in that it relies on the victim's greed to work.

PS I also got the Citibank one attached to a virus.