What is your best consoll ever?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What is your best consoll ever?

• Playstation 1,2
    • Dreamcast,Sega...
    • GameCube,nes...
    • Xbox,computer...

Why is there no Atari here?!?!?! :lol:

I'd have to say that the moment Sony released the PlayStation they have been on top of the video game market.

PS2 is a better console than XBox in terms of graphics and rendering. Anyone who argues that XBox is better than PS2 should think about what kind of hardware the two systems have in them. The PS2 works on a truely 128-bit 300MHz RISC processor, while the XBox is chugging away with an almost stock Intel Celeron clocked at 733 MHz. The Celeron is still performing calculations in a 32-bit world. MS got around this by adding some fancy circuitry and memory around the processor so that it can ultimately handle 128-bit instructions (take any Electrical Engineering course to understand this). However, just by simple math, it would take at least 4 clock cycles for the most basic 128-bit calculation to be completed in the XBox.

The only advantage that XBox has over PS2 is the built in hard drive. But... is this really that big of an advnatage? When you're racing a car on a track, it's very important to be able to hear the engine, tires, and the rest of the car in general. Same deal in Gran Turismo 3 or Project Gotham Racing. I don't really want to listen to my own music while I'm playing these types of games. In fact... there aren't any games that I'd want to play where I'd have music in the background, except for maybe Final Fantasy or something like that.

As for the network connection, the new slim-line PS2's are coming out with this built in, so that old-advantage of the XBox is gone.

And then there's size... the XBox is HUGE!!! I like the fact that I can pack my PS2 into a carrying case (with all cables, 2 controllers, and about 6 or so games in their original cases) which measures about 12"X12"X4" (the PS2 carrying case by Sony). The XBox is fat and heavy. There's no way that I'd be able to lug around an XBox to a party or something (like testing the projectors at my university :thumbup ).

Not to mention that except for Halo 1&2, Playstation has way better games.

So... end of story, PS2... all the way...

P.S. It's probably common knowledge to most, but it's still funny that people have been able to run Linux on the XBox... a Microsoft product... :P

This is kinda a wacky poll you have lots of different systems in the same catigory.

And the last one jsut simply doesnt work.

Im gonna have to nullify my vote.

But i will say that the Xbox has proved to me to be the msot versitile. i have converted my box to play divix movies, be a linux server, media center, and even a emulator for every older system ps1, snes gameboy etc

|Drew|

Ps2.  Has superior games and hardware.  If I wanted to play the games XBox has, I'd use my computer.  I mean, that is all that XBox is, just a Microsoft brand name PC.

so true.... i laugh at people who have xboxes, i dont see the point of buying one. same thing with gamecube. there can only be 1 master system, and its the PlayStation2

Ps2.  Has superior games and hardware.  If I wanted to play the games XBox has, I'd use my computer.  I mean, that is all that XBox is, just a Microsoft brand name PC.

I dunno if the PS2 has better hardware, and I think that the Xbox hardware is better in many respects, but I still think the PS2 is way better overall.

NES!  Can't get enough of Mario... Mine still works! ;)

i thought you took it appart to make a game controler for your computer :o

That was the other broken one I had... Oh yeah, playing other games with NES controllers is a hell of a lot of fun too! ;)

so true.... i laugh at people who have xboxes, i dont see the point of buying one. same thing with gamecube. there can only be 1 master system, and its the PlayStation2

Look at Halo. I believe that did eventually come out on PC, so... where's the loss? ;)

NES! Can't get enough of Mario... Mine still works! ;)

I still have my NES, and 2 SNES systems. Both in excellent working condition. Hell, I even have the ORIGINAL Final Fantasy. ;D

Actually, in total I have... NES, 2 SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, and at one time I had a Gameboy, Gamegear, Sega, SegaCD, and that SNES-Gameboy add-on.