RyanVM Windows XP SP2 Update Pack

great! thanks...

Just a question:

For italian OS ... have you any advices?

if you would add support for this language i will be glad to help you

bye thanks

It's possible. The only problem is that some of the files included in the full pack don't have multilingual versions :)

The Lite version should work fine with all languages of XP (though I'd love to get confirmation from non-English users on that regard).

Does that mean we don't need svcpack.inf anymore?

And is this right?:

1. Slipstream SP2

2. Add RyanVM Windows XP SP2 Update Pack

3. Use nLite to slim down your XP

4. Make iso

RE: svcpack.inf - Correct

RE: nLite method - Read more closely. You need to edit txtsetup.sif and dosnet.inf after nLite runs (I've tested this personally, if you edit them prior to that, nLite rewrites the files without the entries).

EDIT: Thanks for noting my URL typo there. Silly lazy me :P. It's corrected now.

great! thanks...

Just a question:

For italian OS ... have you any advices?

if you would add support for this language i will be glad to help you

bye thanks

It's possible. The only problem is that some of the files included in the full pack don't have multilingual versions :)

The Lite version should work fine with all languages of XP (though I'd love to get confirmation from non-English users on that regard).

If you want i can provide italian files...

If you want i can provide italian files...

At that point, you could probably just edit the pack yourself. It's pretty straightforward how I set it up. I have a central INF which is run as a Windows Component that adds the registry and copies any files that it has to. Everything else is just a direct overwrite of existing files on the CD.