RyanVM Windows XP SP2 Update Pack

I have a little problem.... i tried using the pack in conjunction with nuhis tools then i used Brian Berns tool (http://berns.cae.wisc.edu/pages/wincd.asp) for creating a multiboot XP install as i create XP Corp, OEM and retail CD's with OEM installs (2 os's on each cd) also using XPinstall from Wraith. All seemed to go well but i get a framedyn.dll error on startup of the OS for the 1st time and non of the hotfixes are updated, i have to download them again, is there a way i can make Ryans pack work with the other method of creating a CD??? BTW, i use the CMD version 104 not the windows version 2 of Brian Berns tool

That's a bug with nLite 0.99.1, not my pack. There's posts in the nLite forum about it.

Thanks Ryan, i found that... it appears though that there are 2 problems... the framedyn.dll and the non install of the hotfixes, i assume that the install takes place at T12, i can see a cmd windows flash open and close but too fast to see updates. The error maybe introduced by changes made by Brians Windows Management process and not Nuhi's slipstream process, all the srvpack files are in the i386 subfolder and the entries are in the txtsetup.sif and dosnet.inf files but the hotfixes don't get installed... any ideas..?

Ok I have a few quick simple questions.

1. How does this Java (on main files page) vary from the Java1.4.2_05 I downloaded?

2. sfc_os.dll this is used to disable windows file protection, but you say it is enabled. Whats goin on? I just want to be sure I know what I am doing before integrating it.

3. To add your pack to a current CD, I could just remove the OEM folder and re-slipstream and extract your files. Then add back my software to be installed by RunOnce? Would I need to make a new winnt.sif?

4. Removing shutdown.exe involves editing the inf and removing the file? I remove this because down the road I will forget I installed the SysInternal one and not be able to get it to work properly. I am not a super-user, yet. When that time comes, I want less problems.

Thank you so much, you have made this slipstream process easy and headache free. If only everything were bundled into nice little packs like this :) *hint Microsoft, take a note!*

I can't wait to try this out!!

Attach your sysoc.inf please. I'm betting that the Window Management program screws up the entry in sysoc.inf in there which sets the registry entries.

Sorry about that delay, this is from the created ISO, i already expanded it..

I noticed that the RVMUpPck.inf entry is in there under hotfixupdates..just to give some further info, i just used Nuhi's tool to slipstream and add your pack, then i used the windows management program tocreate the multiboot cd, again no additions in it either just select O/S's and create.!

sysoc.inf

1. How does this Java (on main files page) vary from the Java1.4.2_05 I downloaded?

Umm, it's a newer version.

2. sfc_os.dll this is used to disable windows file protection, but you say it is enabled. Whats goin on? I just want to be sure I know what I am doing before integrating it.
The hacked file only allows you to disable it via the registry. I still leave it enabled by default, but at least you can disable it if you want.
3. To add your pack to a current CD, I could just remove the OEM folder and re-slipstream and extract your files. Then add back my software to be installed by RunOnce? Would I need to make a new winnt.sif?
Did you read the installation directions? I don't recall ever saying anything about editing winnt.sif in them :rolleyes:
4. Removing shutdown.exe involves editing the inf and removing the file?
Correct

Attach your sysoc.inf please. I'm betting that the Window Management program screws up the entry in sysoc.inf in there which sets the registry entries.

Sorry about that delay, this is from the created ISO, i already expanded it..

I noticed that the RVMUpPck.inf entry is in there under hotfixupdates..just to give some further info, i just used Nuhi's tool to slipstream and add your pack, then i used the windows management program tocreate the multiboot cd, again no additions in it either just select O/S's and create.!

Try a CD without the multiboot crap and see if it works then.

Awesome.

Just so you guys know, I'm about halfway finished integrating & testing KB834707. My web host is going to help me set up a bittorrent tracker, so putting out new releases will be much easier all around.

Unfortunately, I do have a life outside MSFN :P and the proverbial sh*t has hit the fan for my schoolwork in the last couple days, so I may not be able to release it right away.

I integrated your 1.01a pack to my SP2 Corp. DVD yesterday and installed it today.

I must say I am thorougly impressed. Works like a champ with no issues. This will be a much easier and better way to truely integrate the hotfixes to XP. Thank you very much for your hard work. I understand about school work! I just finished all but one of my mid-terms. On fall break right now...

Again, thank you for your work. I will be sending a few $$ your way through PayPal shortly... Well worth it!!!

Ryan. Excellent job. You've made so many peoples live easier. I always had problems finding, and knowing which updates to do, and how.

I've been lacking in internet for few weeks due to problems, so I see this thread with 20 pages of replies. It sucks to read 20 pages of questions, just to make sure you're up to date on things.

Maybe you could start a new post, that you will post updates and things like that, with no other posts (like thank yous, and questions in it), so it would be easier to find out the latest details.

(I know we can check your website, but it still would make it a bit easier).

It's just an idea. Keep up the excellent work!